Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 5/11/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The College of Business at Metropolitan State University of Denver (MSU Denver) is seeking an individual to launch and manage two new undergraduate international business programs. The College currently has a proposal submitted and in process of being reviewed to create an Institute of Global Business and Cultural Perspectives. If the proposal is approved this position will serve as the director for the Institute. If not, there are still activities and outreach that should occur with regards to supporting students within the degree programs as well as supporting faculty connections globally. The Director of the International Business Programs will report to the Dean of the College of Business. This is a twelve month administrative position with teaching responsibilities. Metropolitan State University of Denver is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women and minorities to apply.
[55%] Oversight of the College of Business international degree programs
• Provide advising for all global business studies and international business majors.
. Teach global and international courses as appropriate to discipline. Teaching course load to be determined upon hire.
• Coordinate and manage program assessment.
• Coordinate with the Internship office to facilitate international business internship placements and evaluation.
• Facilitate collaboration between departments and the CBUS International Business Committee regarding programming, sharing space, sharing student activities and revision of curriculum.
•Encourage and assist faculty in developing and leading business study abroad programs. Work with students to assist and encourage study abroad; coordinate efforts with the Office of International Studies
• Preparation of the self-study for the programs’ periodic university program review, every seven years
Administration of international business activities and community outreach.
[35%] Budget management and planning
• Develop a strategic plan, including appropriate budget, for the international activities and the potential Institute that defines the purpose, scope and objectives for College of Business as they relate to international issues and as they align with the College’s and Office of International Studies’ strategic plans.
• Develop and execute a plan to raise funds to support the activities developed within the strategic plan
• Oversee the international activities for the College such that the mission/vision and goals of the activities and potential Institute support the College and University missions. Provide assurance that the activities undertaken operate in accordance with all relevant federal, state, city and University laws, regulations, and policies-particularly University revenue generating policies. Assure that the activities are carried out within the allocated budget.
• Recruit and form a relevant advisory board and coordinate appropriate consultation with that advisory board.
• Prepare the Annual Report for the immediate supervisor, the Provost and, if relevant, the Board of Trustees.
• Work with the International Studies Office to support, recruit and advise international students studying at MSU Denver either through an MOU with student exchanges or for an international student seeking an MSU Denver business degree.
• Facilitate faculty exchanges with existing foreign partner institutions as well as connect faculty for the purposes of joint research projects
• Coordinate activities for students and faculty within the Denver and Colorado Global community to promote international business. This would include continuation of existing relationships with entities such as the World Trade Center and the Chamber of the Americas and developing new partnerships with appropriate local, national and international organizations.
• Develop, plan and execute comprehensive strategies to expand the international business community and corporate presence. This may include activities such as sponsoring seminars, guest speaker series or organizing workshops, and soliciting grants and private donations for the proposed Institute.
• Oversee selection and scheduling of work study students
• Assist in the evaluation of shared administrative resources
[5%] Other Duties
• Perform additional duties as assigned by the Dean of the College of Business. These activities could include but would not be limited to representing the program or college on various University committees related to international programs.
Doctorate degree in Accounting, Computer Information Systems, Finance, Management, Marketing or Economics.
Experience teaching at the Collegiate level.
• 5+ years of higher education experience
. History of excellence in teaching
• Experience developing and managing study abroad courses and facilitating international partnerships
• Experience working with a diverse student population
• Proven administrative experience working with all levels of staff and leadership, including board members, and community leaders
• Proven skill in the creation and preparation of effective grant proposals and private fundraising programs
• 5+ years professional international work experience
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online education system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
References refers to a list of three professional references and their contact information.
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.