Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 6/23/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Job ID: 2654 - SATSS - FT (Hourly)
Performs a variety of administrative and clerical tasks in support of the Department of Biology's daily operations.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
1) Assists users of department's services by providing information regarding policies and procedures; may assist patrons by aiding them in using services or filling out forms.
2) May assist in the performance of various financial and budgetary tasks including preparing and monitoring budgets, preparing fiscal reports, or processing payments.
3) May assist with various administrative tasks including ordering supplies, preparing requisitions, scheduling use of equipment, maintaining calendars, or conducting research.
4) May prepare various written materials including correspondence, information sheets, or news releases.
5) May maintain and update various files and records; may maintain department's computer databases.
6) May assist in the performance of various clerical tasks including answering phones, typing, opening and distributing mail, or preparing bulk mailings.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Worker Characteristics:
Knowledge of standard office procedures and equipment; knowledge of computers and office applications; some knowledge of administrative procedures which may include budgeting, research, preparing fiscal and other reports; supervisory skills; research skills.
Periodic assignments given which entail dealing with modestly unpleasant physical situations such as near continuous use of computer.
Requires six months of coursework or training beyond high school in Business Administration and three years of office experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with smoke- and tobacco-free campuses, is committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.