Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 6/20/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The successful applicant for Industrial Safety will be expected to develop and provide instruction in industrial safety. Curriculum and program development for the Industrial Safety program will be required for this position. This assignment may include teaching at other campus sites, day, evening or weekend classes, large classes, distance learning, and using multiple teaching methodologies.
Other duties include: participating in student recruitment and articulations of programs; maintaining subject matter currency; developing and revising curriculum; using computer and multimedia technology; assessing student learning and program level outcomes; collegial participation in departmental, college and discipline-specific professional activities.
Any Bachelor’s degree AND two (2) years of professional experience;
OR – Any Associate’s degree AND six (6) years of professional experience;
OR – The equivalent. Certain combinations of education, experience, and other accomplishments in the field may be judged as equal to the stated minimum qualifications for these positions. Candidates who feel they possess such equivalent qualifications must request and submit an APPLICATION FOR EQUIVALENCE form. Supporting documents must be included with the completed form.
AND – A demonstrated sensitivity to students with diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds and students with disabilities.
Note: Degrees and credits must be from accredited institutions (Title V Section 53406). Any degree from a country other than the United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be evaluated by an evaluation service.
Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate that they are broadly prepared and have a depth of knowledge in the discipline. In addition, the successful applicant will be able to demonstrate the following knowledge and abilities:
• Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues in an environment that promotes innovation, teaching, learning and service to a diverse student population;
• Ability to effectively work with students with a wide range of skills, motivations, academic, and vocational goals;
• Ability to develop curriculum, including curriculum delivered via different modalities;
• Ability to participate in recruitment and articulation activities with local schools, colleges and universities;
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
• Demonstrated ability to maintain subject matter currency;
• Ability to assess student learning outcomes;
• Knowledge of computers and willingness to explore new technologies that would benefit the program;
• Knowledge of and commitment to the California community college mission;
• CSP, ASP, CHST, or OHST Certifications or the equivalent.
• Ability to provide leadership within the program and on college initiatives to improve student learning.
• Ability and willingness to participate effectively in college committee work and in co-curricular and extra-curricular activities to support students and the college.
It shall be the policy of the Kern Community College District that equal opportunity to seek, obtain, hold, and advance in employment in the District shall be afforded to all who qualify without discrimination because of race, color, ethnic group identification, ancestry, religion, national origin, sex (gender), sexual orientation, age, and/or physical or mental disability. Appropriate qualifications for the performance of specific duties are the basic criteria for the employmentand promotion of personnel. Additional efforts will be made to recruit, develop, and to promote qualified members of groups that are underrepresented in the District workforce, even if that under-representation cannot be traced to particular discriminatory actions on the part of the District.If you have any questions regarding this policy, please contact the Human Resources Department at (661) 336-5141.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.