Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 5/13/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Applications are currently being accepted from qualified candidates for two part-time (884 hours/year and 665 hours/year) Bookstore Assistant positions at Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College Ashland Campus. The Bookstore Assistant is responsible for determining the needs of customers, performing inventory, handling refunds with vendors, and maintaining and reconciling accounts. This position also performs cashiering functions and makes bank deposits. Applicants must pass qualifying testing as noted in this posting.
*Provide customer assistance to students with his/her textbook/supply needs
*Provide assistance to the Bookstore Manager for inventory and reconciling accounts
*Determine and maintain records for book returns to vendors
*Cashier functions and bank deposits
*Price items for sale and maintain displays
*Assist in the bookstore inventory process
*Return and track damaged or defective books and supplies
*Process book refunds and change checks
*Check in and shelve shipments of textbooks and general merchandise
*Set up and maintain spreadsheet records of book lists
*Maintain publisher database
*Develop and maintain filing and recordkeeping systems
*Write and maintain procedures manual
*Other duties as assigned by the Bookstore Manager.
*Work closely with the Manager to ensure books and other supplies are available to students in a timely manner
*Work with other WITC bookstores to determine inventory needed for students
1. Two years related post-secondary education/training OR four years related work experience, OR a combination of related post-secondary training/education and work experience totaling four years. Prior related work experience strongly preferred.
2. Knowledge of and proficiency in the use of a computer, computer applications and software such as email, word processing, and spreadsheet programs.
3. Ability to provide excellent customer service to students, staff and the public.
4. Ability to organize, coordinate and prioritize work with minimal supervision.
5. Ability to be detail-oriented, well-organized, to work independently on assigned tasks and to work under pressure.
6. Candidates must pass qualifying tests for the position (Keyboarding, Math and 10-key).
Your application will be considered complete when we have received a completed online application, a cover letter addressing all of the qualifications for this position, a resume, and original or copies of official or unofficial college transcripts. If you have noted an educational degree on your application, WITC requests transcripts to support your degree. Official transcripts are required prior to an offer of employment.
Please mail transcripts, if unable to scan, to Human Resources:
505 Pine Ridge Drive
Shell Lake WI 54871
WITC is an Equal Opportunity/Access Employer and Educator.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.