Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 5/16/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
FULL-TIME DEAN OF PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: Reports to the President, and provides leadership and support for professional development opportunities for all Northern Essex Community College employees. (Full-time, 12-month, Non-Unit Professional Position)
ABOUT THE COLLEGE: Northern Essex Community College serves approximately 15,000 students each semester on two campuses located in the beautiful, historic Merrimack Valley region of northeast Massachusetts. Our suburban Haverhill campus sits on 106 acres near Kenoza Lake and features a new Technology Center and an award-winning Student One-Stop Center. Our urban Lawrence campus occupies a 68,000 square foot facility in the heart of downtown, where we are building a new Health Technologies Center, and now includes additional leased space at Riverwalk Properties. Both campuses are a short drive to Boston and to the beaches and state parks along the coast.
NECC has been building an organizational culture that prizes initiative and innovation, and seeks to identify and develop the strengths in students, faculty, staff, and programs in order to grow and improve. We are also committed to using evidence to guide our planning and decision-making. These values are reflected in our recent work using Appreciative Inquiry to develop a three-year strategic plan for the college, and in our investment in Process Management, the use of quality tools to continually improve programs and services for our students and community.
We are also committed to the recruitment and retention of a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We are an affiliate of the National Coalition Building Institute, and our Lawrence campus is the only college in New England designated as a Hispanic Serving Institution by the U.S. Department of Education. We have significantly increased the diversity of our faculty over the last ten years, and are one of four Massachusetts colleges participating in the national Achieving the Dream initiative, which aims to improve success for low-income students and students of color at community colleges.
NECC is committed to the professional growth and development of all of our employees. “Expanding a Culture of Learning Across the College” is one of our five primary strategic goals for the next few years. We have recently opened a new Center for Professional Development suite of offices and classrooms in the heart of our Haverhill campus, expanded our Center for Instructional Technology to our Lawrence campus, and have added staff and resources to professional development efforts.
• Plan, organize, and coordinate Professional Development activities related to the Center for Professional Development, including the Center for Instructional Technology.
• Initiate, coordinate and implement workshops, symposia, professional days, collegial conversation workshops, computer training, and special projects such as the NECC Leadership Academy.
• Coordinate the National Institute for Staff and Organizational Development (NISOD) awards and special project requests.
• Provide leadership to the Faculty Fellow and academic initiatives such as Staff and Faculty Inquiry Groups (SFIGs), Teaching in Community.
• Collaborate with the Living Our Vision of Excellence (L.O.V.E.) Committee to design and provide workshops to employees.
• Coordinate PD opportunities with the New England Faculty Development Consortium (NEFDC), Atlantic Center for Learning Communities (ACLC), Mass. Women in Public Higher Education (MWPHE), NISOD, and/or other related organizations.
• Provide supervision for the Center for Instructional Technology (including distance learning, instructional design and professional development).
• Coordinate PD Funds which support employee requests for professional development activities including attendance at conferences/events, coursework and related materials.
• Develop performance goals and objectives for the Professional Development area, monitoring the budget and provides oversight and evaluation of all unit staff.
• Coordinate, align, and link all professional development activities with NECC’s Strategic Plan. Actively participate in campus governance, committees, initiatives.
• Cultivate and continue to expand new professional development opportunities for all faculty and staff.
• Co-coordinate special projects with the Human Resource Department as necessary (such as Search Committee training).
• Coordinate and conduct orientation sessions for new full-time faculty.
• Represent the college in the community as appropriate.
• Other activities as assigned.
• Master’s degree from an accredited college or university
• Demonstrated Professional Development experience in a diverse, multicultural environment
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to balance many projects at any given time.
• Ability and willingness to travel
• Budget development and management skills
• Excellent communication and computer skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Teaching experience
• Professional Development experience in a higher education environment
• Bi-lingual (Spanish and English)
Salary: $80,000.00 - $105,000.00 with complete fringe benefit package; Actual salary will commensurate with academic background and experience.
Deadline Date: May 15, 2013
NECC is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer
Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.