Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 5/10/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Job ID: 2641 - Unclassified - Temporary FT (Salaried)
Responsible for the project management of all assigned mechanical, electrical, and plumbing construction and alteration projects as well as related construction administration support on major projects. Coordination with various agencies such as the Ohio Facilities Construction Commission and related state agencies, Associate Architects and Engineers, construction firms, University departments, and the Physical Facilities staff is required.
1. Overall project management responsibilities for assigned mechanical projects of various sizes and types from initiation through project closeout. Duties include oversight of initial planning, scope of work determination, cost estimate reviews, competitive bidding, contractor negotiations, cost control, work inspections, scheduling, work coordination, move planning and management, project close out, and post occupancy follow up.
a. Project Planning – Meet with departments to determine needs and project feasibility.
b. Scope of Work Determination – Develop an accurate scope of work, to include all systems for a complete scope determination.
c. Project Oversight – Oversight for job costs, including change orders; prepares project status reports, reviews requests for payment by consulting A/E’s and contractors, control payment by valuation of completed work.
d. Work Coordination – Responsible for coordination between various trades, suppliers, and end users to ensure timely and proper completion of project.
e. Project Close Out – Inspection of contractor work to ensure compliance with all project requirements, follow up to be sure contractor completes all final inspection work tasks, and to ensure submission of accurate record drawings and operations and maintenance manuals; conduct post occupancy interviews.
2. Coordination with department representatives and review of documents for M/E/P compliance with University Standards.
a. Acts as engineering technical representative to other PMs for assigned projects managed by the Planning Architecture & Engineering Division of the Physical Facilities Department. Reviews design drawings and specifications with the engineering associate and reports major design issues to the project manager.
b. Assists with updating the M/E/P portion of the University Construction Standards including working to develop the engineering requirements when programming new buildings and major building renovations.
3. Coordination with project managers to provide on-site technical expertise / construction administration support.
a. Works with the project manager (on their assigned projects to technically assist) and the contractors throughout the construction period and the final commissioning of equipment and systems as needed to ensure compliance with Standards and Contract Documents. Reports contract deficiencies to the Project Manager.
4. Assists in the development and implementation of Planning Architecture & Engineering Objectives, develops and pursues personal goals and objectives that are in alignment with and supportive of Divisional goals.
5. Maintains knowledge of current codes and ensures that all applicable codes are followed on assigned projects. Submits reports as required to comply with requirement of State agencies and other agencies having jurisdiction over inspection.
6. Assists the Director of Planning, Architecture, & Engineering and the Director of Energy Systems in formulating and directing policies and methods to meet total energy management needs and consumption reduction goals.
7. Supports Divisional LEAN continuous improvement efforts, sustainability initiatives, customer service philosophy, and productivity expectations with a focus on: effective and efficient solutions for the University.
The position requires sound knowledge and experience with managing project budgets, schedules, and other project management duties. It requires the ability to organize, prioritize, and perform under pressure in both public contact and internal departmental capacity. A Bachelor's or Associate’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience in a position with a minimum of ten years experience of similar responsibilities is required.
Experience in Facilities Planning and Construction in an intuitional environment is preferred. Professional registration in the State of Ohio is desired but not required.
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with smoke- and tobacco-free campuses, is committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.