Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 5/30/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Dean of Instruction - Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) and Technology Services
State Center Community College District
Closing Date: 5/30/2016 at 11:55 PM
Campus Location: Clovis Community College
Start Date: 07/01/2016
This position will provide leadership for all Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM ) areas, including providing oversight for all technology needs at the College as well as instructional areas in the STEM fields. Duties and responsibilities will include:
• Provide leadership in working with faculty in assessing student learning outcomes as they relate to courses and programs in order to determine the effectiveness of student learning;
• Work with faculty and administration to ensure resources and staff development are provided to promote student success, professional development, and institutional advancement;
• Using the Education Master Plan and other relative data resources, identify and plan for future academic and occupational programs;
• Provide sustained leadership in curriculum and program improvement through regular program review, evaluation and revision;
• Work cooperatively with the Deans of Instruction and the Dean of Students to initiate collaborative projects between instruction and student services faculty and staff to promote student success;
• Identifying and analyzing new fundraising opportunities, grants development, and asset development, and facilitate grant applications for areas of responsibility;
• Provide leadership to assist faculty from all departments with the development of online classes, hybrid, distance learning (Point-to-Point Classes and web-based), class scheduling, and training of faculty and support staff;
• Lead the technology/computer services department in assessing new technologies and software to improve pedagogy and learning outcomes and to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of the work environment for faculty and staff and to provide opportunities for staff development;
• Schedule teaching assignments and develop course schedules and monitor enrollment and make adjustments to classes according to enrollment trends and fiscal realities;
• In conjunction with the Dean of Students and Deans of Instruction, establish and maintain partnerships with local K-12 schools, CSU's, UC's, private colleges and business and community-based organizations which promote and benefit the programs within Clovis Community College;
• Assist in the hiring and evaluation of faculty and classified staff according to board policies and procedures;
• Assist department chairs in the recruitment of adjunct faculty;
• Develop budget recommendations and administer budgets;
• Prepare annual goals, participate in planning activities, and facilitate completion of goals;
• Managing the computer service department, which is responsible for all the college computing needs;
• Overseeing the allocation of computing equipment to the entire campus and ensure existing equipment is in working order;
• Directing the preparation of proposals and bid specifications for procurement of information technology related to college wide services;
• Evaluating vendor proposals for the purchase of hardware, software, and technical services to assure adherence to technical specifications and to assure that expenditures are in the best interest of the College;
• Acting as the Co-Chair of the College Technology Committee and providing leadership for the College Technology Plan;
• Planning for technology program needs, including staffing, administrative and instructional technology needs, and integrating them into the college and district planning process;
• Maintaining the information support system provided and researching new technologies;
• Planning and implementing degree/certificate programs and student support services for the College's online students;
• Identify and evaluate new information systems and services to create administrative efficiencies and to enhance the effectiveness of the academic mission of the college;
• Work closely with the District's Information System Department to coordinate the implementation of systems, software, hardware, and networking and abide by established district processes and standards;
• Ensuring compliance with all state and federal regulations related to distance education;
• Integrating online and in-person services;
• Cross-training all staff for online and in-person responsibilities;
• Coordinating with staff across the college's academic divisions, administrative services, and student services for online planning and programming in the schedule of classes, college catalogue, and college website, including web-based services and internet outreach;
• Attending meetings and providing leadership for distributive education and support services at the District, State, and Federal levels;
• Reviewing staffing needs for academic, classified, and part-time personnel and make recommendations for hiring;
• Fostering an atmosphere of mutual respect and openness that will promote collaboration among students, faculty, and staff;
• Gathering and reporting data from the California Community College Chancellor's Office, Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges, the California Postsecondary Education Commission, Peterson's Distance Education Report, Servicemen's Opportunity College, American Council on Education, and others;
• Serving as a resource to the President and Vice President of Instruction and Student Services on issues pertaining to the Dean's areas of responsibility;
• Working in collaboration with the Directors of Technology and other district personnel;
• Preparing and disseminating the annual Online and Instructional Technology report;
• Attending and participating in local, regional, state, and national professional development opportunities; and
• Performing other administrative duties as assigned within the scope of this assignment, including evening and weekend administrative coverage.
Include an earned master’s degree from an accredited college or university AND one year of formal training, internship, or leadership experience reasonably related to the administrator’s administrative assignment; OR possession of a valid California Community College Supervisory Credential; AND sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
• Experience teaching at community colleges
• Management experience at a community college
• Management experience of a computer services department
Conditions of Employment:
224 duty days and 22 vacation days for a total of 246 days.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary range is $111,355 – $138,930 based on education and experience. A doctoral stipend of $2,021 is available. In addition, the District offers an attractive fringe benefit package including health, dental, and vision coverage for the employee and dependents, and life insurance. Employees are also members of the California State Teachers’ Retirement System (CalSTRS).
Applications will be screened to determine which applicants meet the minimum qualifications as stated in the job announcement.
From the applicants who submit all the required documents and who meet the qualifications, a selection advisory committee will determine the candidates who are best qualified based on the minimum and desirable qualifications. They will be invited to interview.
The selection advisory committee will rate responses to the interview questions. Based on this rating, a small number of applicants will be selected as the “recommended candidates”. These candidates will be forwarded to the President and Chancellor for final interviews. A hiring recommendation will be made by the Chancellor and forwarded to the Board of Trustees of State Center Community College District for final approval.
State Center Community College District is an equal opportunity employer. It is our pledge to treat all applicants fairly and equitably in the recruitment and selection process. We endeavor to be a service minded organization and respond, as best we can, to the needs of our applicants and the faculty and administrators we work with in the District.
For more information, contact the Human Resources Office, 1525 E. Weldon Avenue, Fresno, California, 93704, (559) 244-5900, fax (559) 499-6007. For information on Clovis Community College or State Center Community College District, visit our website at www.scccd.edu. Please refer to Position No. 5601.
Submission of application and related materials is the applicant’s responsibility and must be submitted through the district’s online applicant portal. The District reserves the right to re-advertise or to delay indefinitely the filling of a position if it is deemed that the applicants for the position do not constitute an adequate applicant pool or if funding is not available. All application materials are subject to verification. False statements may be cause for disqualification or discharge from employment.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: http://apptrkr.com/799167
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.