Detailed Job Description
Evergreen Valley College
Campus Technical Support Services
Under the direction of the Network Manager, install and maintain systems software products and operating systems; administer telecommunications and LAN/WAN systems; backup Database Administrator; maintain the security and integrity of the database files and system libraries.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist programming and application support staff in writing and debugging applications; assist users with questions and problems involving connection to host computers (servers).
- Assist Network Manager in evaluating new hardware and software products and in designing new systems; install and maintain hardware and software products.
- Administer access security for hardware and software.
- Design and implement custom applications using CASE tools or appropriate programming language.
- Develop and maintain network interface of host computers (servers) with LAN/WAN.
- Update and assemble control programs; develop and update interface programs; create backups.
- Create and maintain program libraries.
- Develop procedures to assist Help Desk/Operations staff in operating the host systems; create subroutines and rules for use by programming and applications support staff.
- Work closely with the Database Administrator to assure proper flow of information.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Database concepts, design and processing techniques.
- Principles of multi-programming.
- Principles of computer-based telecommunication systems.
- Principles and techniques of program planning, program design, testing and implementation.
- Operation of computer systems and related equipment.
- Systems and procedures analysis and development.
- Operations, production capacity, and uses of standard data processing equipment.
- Hardware and software installation procedures.
- Macro and conditional assembly language.
- Principles of host/server operating systems.
- Apply the principles and concepts listed above.
- Train information technology staff members.
- Analyze and develop logical solutions to problems.
- Communicate effectively and tactfully in both oral and written form.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Install, maintain and administer operating systems.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Any combination equivalent to: bachelor’s degree with a major emphasis in mathematics, data systems or a related field and supplemented by specialized training in data processing programming and systems analysis and three years of increasingly responsible experience in programming and systems design, including or supplemented by experience with a database management system, experience in the design of telecommunication systems, and experience in installing and maintaining systems software.
2. Demonstrated sensitivity, knowledge, and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, gender, gender identity, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of the students we serve ;and sensitivity to and knowledge and understanding of groups historically underrepresented, and groups who may have experienced discrimination.
3. Success integrating diversity as appropriate into the major duties outlined in the job description and in the duties listed in the District's hiring policy; or demonstrated equivalent transferable skills to do so.
1. Bilingual abilities, desirable.
$78,240 - $95,439 Annual Salary (Range 132: Classified Salary Schedule Fiscal Year 2014-2015). Starting placement is generally at Step 1.
About San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
The District is represented by dedicated and talented employees who are passionate about providing our student population with the best educational experience possible. The District recognizes that cultural diversity in the academic environment promotes academic excellence; fosters cultural, racial and human understanding; provides positive roles models for all students, and creates an inclusive and supportive educational and work environment for its employees, students, and the community it serves.
The District encourages a diverse pool of applicants to serve as colleagues to an existing diverse faculty consisting of 14% Hispanic/Latino, 22 % Asian/Pacific Islander, 7% Black/African American, 1% American Indian/Native American, 52% White/Caucasian, and as well as encouraging applications from all qualified, outstanding applicants.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
San Jose/Evergreen Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of ethnic group identification, race, color, language, accent, immigration status, ancestry, national origin, age, gender, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, transgender, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, and physical or mental disability consistent with applicable federal and state laws.