Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 4/28/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Position will report to the Director of Human Resources and will provide guidance, coordination, and support in the effective and consistent application of employee job classification and compensation administration policies and practices. This position will also be responsible for the Administrator payroll, on boarding and exiting processes for Administrator staff.
55% Administers and maintains various compensation-related systems. Provides advice, training, and support to the university community, as appropriate, in the application of compensation management principles, guidelines, procedures, and best practices. Develops and maintains the university’s Classification and Compensation Plan and process; creates, maintains and administers criteria and procedures to ensure internal consistency and integrity of the compensation and job classification process to include reclassification reviews, job restructuring and makes recommendations; conducts compensation and classification surveys. Advises and coordinates with administration and management staff in the proper classification of positions, interpretation of job classifications and the application of compensation and appropriate pay levels; prepares annual contract process, prepares Salary Schedules for all university positions. Understands and is proficient in MSU Denver’s standard technology, Banner, PeopleAdmin or related HRIS system to continuously improve human resources program services. Understands and responsible for compliance with FLSA (Fair Labor Standards Act); audits pay practices to ensure compliance with federal and state legislation; prepares and maintains utilization data, statistical analyses, reports and other HR related data. Maintains the market and comparator (e.g. CUPA-HR Salary Data) compensation spreadsheet for Administrator staff.
20% Administrator Contract Manager and Classified employment processing. Works with departments to ensure that all documentation is submitted for personnel appointments for Administrator and Classified staff. Works with DHR on special conditions of appointment and other contractual language. Coordinates the process for new appointments and oversees the annual compensation notification process for all continuing Administrator and Classified Staff. Ensures that all aspects of employment for Administrator and Classified Staff are completed in a timely and efficient manner. Creates offer letters and contracts for new hires and processes all new hire paperwork.
5% Report Generation: Maintains library of organizational charts for all departments in the university. Generates reports as directed by supervisor on a variety of data for compensation related matters. Conducts data research for various reports and projects as directed by the DHR including reporting and collection of salary survey data.
20% Provides support and problem solving in PeopleAdmin. Develops and refines process and improvements based on issues and new modules. Create and update PeopleAdmin training documents and assist in training sessions.
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, human resources or a related field or the equivalent combination of education and Human Resources experience is required (one year of education is equal to two years of experience).
• Previous experience in Human Resources.
• Experience using HRIS system or applicant tracking system.
• Previous experience in Human Resources compensation programs, policies and procedures.
• Experience conducting job analysis and evaluation to determine compensation in compliance with federal and state wage and salary laws and regulations.
• Previous experience classifying positions under FLSA.
• Previous experience in higher education.
• Experience utilizing Banner and People Admin.
• Experience or ability to gather or analyze statistical data and generate reports.
• Experience working in compliance with standards and procedures with the ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures.
• Knowledge of organization structure, staffing patterns, and job design.
• The successful candidate must have experience working in collaboration with colleagues.
• Experience providing on-the-job and technical guidance and training to staff.
• Professional Human Resource (PHR) or Senior Professional Human Resource (SPHR) certification with the Society for Human Resource Management.
• Experience or ability to devise, design, and implement customized compensation surveys.
• Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
IMPORTANT: in order to be considered as applicant YOU MUST FILL OUT THE APPLICATION AT https://www.msudenverjobs.com.
Official Transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
Please note: References refers to a list of the names and contact information if three professional references.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.