Detailed Job Description
Reporting to the Director of Admissions, the Senior Associate Director of Admissions Operations will provide oversight and management of all operational and technology aspects of the department’s daily activities. Position includes supervision of the admissions operations and customer service staff and close coordination with all members of the admissions recruitment staff. Responsible for leading the efforts of the admissions operations and customer service team to strategically develop, execute, and integrate processes and data in order to help the College achieve enrollment objectives. This role is expected to work closely with the Director of Admissions on operational and strategic enrollment planning and execution as it relates to planning, reporting, and communication needs within the department.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Participate and assist the Director of Admissions in meeting enrollment goals by systematically reassessing operational initiatives and continually developing innovative ways to engage and support the prospective students and gatekeepers;
- Oversee and manage daily admissions operations and the execution of all internal admission processes including front line customer service, communications, and troubleshooting;
- Develop admissions processes in order to streamline tasks and optimize efficiencies within the department’s operational responsibilities;
- Coordinate and lead weekly operations, customer service staff meetings, and daily communications: hold individual meetings as needed;
- Perform annual organization evaluations and performance reviews for all admissions operations and customer service staff;
- Lead searches for operations and customer service staff and federal student work study positions. Select and coordinate training for successful candidates;
- Hire, supervise, and design training for all operations personnel, including identifying professional development opportunities for the staff;
- Serve as liaison between the Recruitment Team and Operations Team;
- Oversee all operational functions of the PeopleSoft admissions module including data integrity, upgrade testing, training, workflows and any integration solutions needed;
- Act as the project manager for any future technology solutions that are vetted and implemented in Admissions to increase effectiveness of processes and systems in regards to enrollment (i.e., new technology initiatives, data loads, etc.);
- Work closely with the Director of Admissions to create communication flows for prospective students and ensure timely execution of print communications to inquiries, applicants, admits, and enrollees;
- Serve as the Admissions liaison to the Marketing Department. Manage the department’s email sequence, working closely with the Marketing Department to ensure timely delivery of email campaigns to prospective inquiries, applicants, and admitted students;
- Oversee key aspects of event management for the Admissions Office in terms of operational functions (RSVP’s, pre/post event pieces, print and electronic collateral updating);
- Assist in data driven decisions by creating weekly funnel reports, budget reports, and statistical evaluation’s as required to monitor enrollment goal progress;
- Serve as department’s PeopleSoft expert and technology support, working closely with the Office of Information Technology to identify needs for training, reports, and statistics;
- Utilize PeopleSoft to create and run queries, as needed, to support staff’s recruitment and communications efforts;
- Oversee all data entry of prospects and applications for the department;
- Manage and update the online admissions application for the department;
- Assist the Director in exploring and developing innovative approaches for operational and data management needs that involve external partners, including initiating and maintaining relationships with third parties such as Chegg, Cappex, Naviance, Parchment, Hobson's, Princeton Review, Petersons, etc;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree required;
- Minimum of six (6) years of experience within college admissions and information technology;
- Experience managing staff and projects;
- Superior technology, oral, and written skills;
- Commitment to maximizing enrollment;
- Creativity and the ability to handle a fast-paced workplace;
- Must be flexible, highly motivated, able to work independently, and organized;
- Firsthand experience with and strong technology skills are essential, as are ethics and a commitment to a diverse community of colleagues and students;
- Experience with post-secondary student information systems and ability to learn new software systems and technology is required.
Education: Master’s degree required
Salary Range: $70,000-$80,000
Classification: Non-Unit Professional
Source of Funding: State Appropriation
To Apply: Please complete the online application by clicking the “Apply” button. Please include letter of interest, resume, and a list of three professional references and their contact information. Finalist candidates must provide official transcripts/certifications.
Deadline: April 21, 2016 or thereafter until filled.
Massachusetts Bay Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age or handicap in admission or access to or treatment or employment in its programs and activities. Any inquiries or complaints concerning compliance with regulations implementing, Title IV, Title IX, Age Discrimination Act of 1975 or Section 504, may contact Robin Nelson-Bailey, at the College Telephone No. 781-239-3171, who is the coordinator for those statutes. Inquiries may also be directed to the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Washington, D.C., 20202, or the Director, U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, Region One, 5 Post Office Square, 8th Floor, Boston, MA 02109.
Hiring is contingent upon a successful CORI clearance.