Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 5/19/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College is seeking a learning-focused, creative, and dynamic individual for a full-time Occupational Therapy Assistant Instructor at the New Richmond Campus. This position reports to the Divisional Dean, Allied Health and is responsible for providing instruction to individuals seeking employment in the Occupational Therapy field. Primary responsibilities include instruction, learner assessment, curriculum improvement, and program promotion/recruitment.
• Facilitate learning for all students
• Accommodate a variety of learning styles
• Embed diversity in classroom activities
• Use a variety of instructional delivery modes
• Incorporate appropriate teaching methods and technologies in the learning process
• Assess learners in a variety of ways
• Use a variety of assessment methods and tools including but not limited to performance assessments, skills checklists, writing assignments, tests, quizzes, group work, partner activities, short- and long-term projects, and employment portfolios
• Document assessment of learner achievement, core abilities, course competencies, and program outcomes
• Partner with learners
• Help learners define and achieve their academic and career goals
• Provide academic advising for learners
• Demonstrate support for student clubs and organizations
• Write course-appropriate curricula
• Continually improve course content that reflects course competencies as well as current workplace practices
• Develop and update learning opportunities that reflect WITC’s Learning College tenets.
• Collaborate with colleagues from all disciplines to ensure a multi-disciplinary approach and perspective to teaching and learning
• Research and select textbooks, library resources, software, and other learning materials
• Develop, implement, and annually update an Individualized Learning Plan
• Stay current in area(s) of teaching
• Continue education and training in area(s) of teaching in accordance with accrediting commission, agencies, and professional associations
• Include industry work experience, job shadowing, and/or participation in professional or trade organizations
• Manage learning environments in a manner consistent with college policies and procedures
• Distribute to learners, and place on file, an up-to-date syllabus for each course
• Record and submit grades
• Maintain other records as required
• Communicate using e-mail, voice mail, and/or on-line postings
• Monitor condition and safety of classrooms and labs and report needed maintenance and repairs
• Solicit quotations and bids and procure supplies and equipment
• Assist in student recruitment and job placement activities
• Participate in campus promotional activities such as open houses and career days
• Partner with the Dean in fulfilling the mission, vision, and values of the College
• Collaborate in the scheduling of classes
• Assume an active role in the assessment of own professional performance
• Participate actively in campus, college-wide, regional, and state teams and committees
• Participate in operational planning processes
• Recruit, construct, and annually consult with advisory committees and business partners
• Serves on selection committees to hire new staff
• Mentor other faculty
• Foster the College’s community relationships
• Promote relationships with other colleges and universities
• Promote relationships with area business and industry
1. Baccalaureate degree awarded by an institution that is accredited by a USDE-recognized regional or national accrediting body. Master’s degree preferred.*
2. Minimum of two years (4,000 hours) occupational experience as a registered occupational therapist or certified occupational therapy assistant.
3. Current NBCOT certification.
4. Current Wisconsin state licensure.
5. Must have experience in adult physical rehabilitation.
6. Current AOTA membership preferred.
*Readable transcripts are required at time of application for all degrees noted in application.
Your application will be considered complete when we have received a completed online application, a cover letter addressing all of the qualifications for this position, a resume, and original or copies of official or unofficial college transcripts. If you have noted an educational degree on your application, WITC requests transcripts to support your degree. Official transcripts are required prior to an offer of employment.
Please mail transcripts, if unable to scan, to Human Resources:
505 Pine Ridge Drive
Shell Lake WI 54871
WITC is an Equal Opportunity/Access Employer and Educator.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.