Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 8/9/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Counselor will provide assistance and guidance to entrepreneurs to help them start their businesses and will provide assistance to small business owners and managers to help grow their businesses.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
1. Provides one-on-one counseling of pre-startup feasibility analysis; governmental compliance regulations; existing business problem assessments and solutions; and access to sources of debt and equity capital.
- Assists with business related research specific to the particular business entity.
- Assists in the preparation of business plans, Pro forma Financial Statements, Balance Sheet, Income Statement, and Cash Flow Projections.
- Teach courses and workshops on various business topics.
2. Assists the client with marketing related issues such as advertising, increasing sales, promotion, and market surveys.
- Assists the client in finding other sources of information relating to business development and expansion.
- Assists the client in finding information about the local business community.
- Assists the client with personnel problems encountered by small business.
3. Assists the client with business formation and product commercialization issues.
- Competes SBA forms concerning client counseling sessions and transfer that information into specific SBA software programs.
4. Participates in SBDC sponsored training sessions and relay that information to their clients. Assumes an active role in economic development organizations and outreach efforts in the community. Perform other job related duties as assigned.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.