Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 5/7/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Synopsis of Role:
The Student Affairs Liaison supports programs and services intended to increase American Public University System’s (APUS) community engagement and retention, to include campus leadership, mentoring, virtual communities, and honors/awards.This role builds relationships with students, alumni, and University leaders, and provides clear communication to community members using virtual media platforms and University promotions. Through co-curricular programming and coordinated services, the student affairs liaison aids students and alumni in the pursuit of their academic, professional, and personal goals.
• Serves as a liaison for student affairs programming, which may include: campus leadership initiatives, student government management, mentoring and professional development initiatives, and honors and awards programming.
• Coordinates projects and provides administrative support for all current and future student affairs initiatives.
• Conducts research, compiles, and analyzes data to prepare reports (to include executive summaries and white papers) and other documents to assess established student affairs program outcomes.
• Researches information needed for the maintenance of programs and services.
• Participates in projects to further develop and improve department processes and resources.
• Provides reporting support as needed by various student affairs teams.
• Identifies and is involved in training needs for new systems applications.
• Participates in the proposal creation, launch, and effectiveness tracking of various student affairs services and student resources.
• Supports email and phone queue.
• Reviews all websites, handbooks, and supplemental materials on a monthly basis; ensure all content is valid and up to date.
• Assists with special projects as needed to enhance the student affairs department.
• Remains current on industry standards and best practices.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
• Standard office environment in Manassas, VA.
• Ability to telecommute, based on manager approval.
• Able to work more than 40 hours a week if needed.
• Ability to assist in the creation and implementation of approved project plans.
• Ability to self-manage multiple reports, examines trend analysis, and submits documentation to senior manager.
• Ability to adapt to and solve problems in an ever changing environment.
• Intermediate to advanced skills with MS Office.
• Exceptional attention to detail.
• Ability to work in a production and customer service based environment.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities.
• Ability to interact with students and APUS staff in a professional manner.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines.
• Ability to maintain proficiency in technological applications and systems.
• Bachelor’s Degree from accredited institution or equivalent experience.
• Experience with project management, data, research, and assessment required.
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
• Previous experience in higher education preferred.
• Project coordination experience preferred.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.