Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 4/19/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Synopsis of Role:
The Commencement Coordinator supports the student life team by coordinating and organizing the annual commencement ceremony.This role aids in the successful development, organization, and implementation of commencement, student organizations, and honor society activities along with other related events.
• Plans and organizes the commencement activities.
• Secures the location, manages accommodations, leads the commencement team, manages meeting spaces, and maintains the timeline.
• Acts as a liaison between the commencement team and the selected venue.
• Monitors the task list to ensure all tasks are completed within the appropriate timeframe.
• Organizes the invitation schedule and maintains communication with all eligible attendees, and when appropriate faculty and staff.
• Prepares agendas for all commencement meetings.
• Creates content for monthly commencement email updates.
• Answers phone calls and emails regarding commencement activities and other student life related programming.
• Maintains required response times for emails and phone calls.
• Oversees volunteer recruitment and training.
• Develops volunteer and commencement surveys to determine areas for future improvement.
• Maintains the commencement webpage(s) and ensures updates are posted regularly.
• Maintains professional contact with vendors and submits invoices for processing.
• Coordinates activities as needed with director of student life for student organizations and honor societies.
• Routinely works with the marketing team to brand and promote annual events.
• Manages commencement inventory and storage area.
• Travels into office as needed to receive packages and maintain inventory.
• Assist with preparation and implementation of department wide events.
• Remains current on industry standards and standard operating procedure.
• Assists with student organizations and/or virtual communities as needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
• Standard office environment in Manassas, VA. Telecommuting as approved by management.
• Limited travel may be required.
• Normal business hours with required core hours from 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
• Solid Word, Excel, Access, Outlook skills (specifically, experience creating and editing spreadsheets with formulas and manipulating data within reports to extract pertinent information).
• Strong written, oral, and presentation skills.
• Strong organizational and administrative skills.
• Ability to interact professionally with all internal and external constituents using strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines and limited supervision.
• Ability to acquire information and understand the business.
• Demonstrated strategic thinking, change and innovation skills.
• Demonstrated performance management skills.
• Ability to plan and monitor for results.
• Ability to exercise rational decision making.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required.
• Event Planning and coordination experience required.
• Project Management experience preferred.
• Experience in an academic or student services environment preferred.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.