Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 10/4/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
San Jose City College
Under the supervision of a department supervisor, manager or academic staff member, performs basic clerical, receptionist and some duties of a routing and repetitive nature in support of operations, preparation and maintenance of a variety of records and reports, or the academic professional staff of an administrative or program office.
1. Perform routine clerical assignments in accordance with established procedures and under specific instructions.
2. Receive, screen, review and verify a variety of correspondence, applications or documents.
3. Maintain office files, reports, logs, and wide variety of memoranda.
4. Provide a central source of information on the activities of the office.
5. Receive, screen review and verify a variety of correspondence, applications or documents.
6. Maintain office files, reports, logs and a wide variety of memoranda.
7. Provide a central source of information on the activities of the office.
8. Receive, screen and/or direct visitors and telephone calls coming to the office and deliver messages.
9. Open, sort, log and deliver mail.
10. Schedule appointments and meetings.
11. Prepare counselor sheets and drop-in sheets, student folders and copy student records as necessary.
12. Enter and retrieve data using a computer terminal and microprocessor.
13. Maintain computerized schedules and calendars, student, financial, employment and program ctivity records.
14. Wait on the public at the counter, answer a variety of questions or give out information and direct visitors to proper staff person or department.
15. Maintain appropriate supply of forms and/or office materials; order; receive and store as necessary.
16. May do light typing, operate a computer terminal, micro-processor or related office equipment in fulfilling work assignments.
17. Perform other duties reasonably related to the job classification.
18. Duties and responsibilities require relevant knowledge of and experience with:
19. Proper telephone techniques and etiquette.
20. Modern office methods, procedures and equipment including personal computers and computer terminals.
21. Proper English spelling, grammar and punctuation.
22. Type at a rate speed necessary for effective performance.
23. Operate a typewriter, calculator, micro-computer and related office equipment.
24. Learn and remember a variety of information related to department procedures, policies, services and programs.
25. Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
26. Deal tactfully and courteously with the public.
27. Write clear and accurate telephone messages.
28. Perform effectively with frequent interruption.
29. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those encountered during the performance of required duties.
The District is represented by dedicated and talented employees who are passionate about providing our student population with the best educational experience possible. The District recognizes that cultural diversity in the academic environment promotes academic excellence; fosters cultural, racial and human understanding; provides positive roles models for all students, and creates an inclusive and supportive educational and work environment for its employees, students, and the community it serves.
The District encourages a diverse pool of applicants to serve as colleagues to an existing diverse faculty consisting of 14% Hispanic/Latino, 22 % Asian/Pacific Islander, 7% Black/African American, 1% American Indian/Native American, 52% White/Caucasian, and as well as encouraging applications from all qualified, outstanding applicants.
San Jose/Evergreen Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of ethnic group identification, race, color, language, accent, immigration status, ancestry, national origin, age, gender, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, transgender, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, and physical or mental disability consistent with applicable federal and state laws.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.