Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 6/7/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Human Resources Assistant
Kern Community College District
Position Number: 01637
Posting Date: 02/22/2016
Closing Date: 5/20/2016
Open Until Filled: Yes
Position Type: Classified
Work Week: 40 hrs per week, 12 months
Minimum Salary: $3,804.15 per month
Maximum Salary: $5,375.17 per month (maximum entry level $3,804.15 per month)
Our competitive benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance; life insurance and dependent life coverage; long-term disability insurance, and an employee assistance program (EAP ). At this time, all premiums for the employee and their eligible dependents are fully paid for by the District.
In addition, employees have the option to purchase:
• Flex 125
• AFLAC Policy
• Supplemental voluntary life insurance
• 403b Tax Shelter Annuity
All coverages begin on the first day of the month following the hire date. Employees are covered under the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS) and are vested 100% after five years of full time service.
College/Site: Cerro Coso College
Location: CC-Main Campus, Ridgecrest
This position will be based in Ridgecrest, California
Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, perform responsible personnel and clerical duties in the areas of recruitment, examination, placement and maintenance of personnel records and files, and the preparation of related reports; provide information and assistance in person and on the telephone to College personnel, staff and the public regarding personnel matters.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES :
• Perform a variety of personnel and clerical duties related to the recruitment, examination, selection and processing of classified or academic personnel as assigned.
• Provide information and assistance in person or on the telephone to College personnel, staff and the public regarding a variety of personnel matters, such as job availability, personnel regulations, policies and procedures.
• Receive and process information for personnel requisitions; prepare and distribute job announcements; place local and regional newspaper advertisements; prepare purchase orders for advertising and supply accounts.
• Prepare, type, update, monitor and maintain a variety of forms, reports, bulletins, records, schedules, lists, reference manuals and files according to established procedures; verify and post information as necessary to assure completeness and accuracy.
• Prepare, distribute, receive, record and maintain files of job applications, transcripts and other information; screen for completeness, file, or refer to appropriate department for selection process.
• Prepare and submit Board approval agenda items and pay authorization sheets; determine appropriate rate of pay according to established guidelines and procedures; audit and distribute paychecks; accumulate time sheets for payroll preparation; input correct pay codes, hours and other information into an assigned database.
• Process workers' compensation claims of injuries/illnesses for district office employees; coordinate workers' compensation services with SISC claims representatives; monitor employee utilization of workers' compensation leave benefits and coordinate compensated leave with the payroll office.
• Perform duties related to the examination of applicants as required; assemble and organize written examination materials; administer, correct and score written exams; notify final candidates.
• Schedule and arrange interviews; gather, type and distribute interview candidate and selection committee packets; schedule panel members; communicate with applicants interview requirements and arrange for equipment for applicants as needed; direct candidates to appropriate interview site.
• Distribute and process a variety of forms for employee status changes including new employment, promotions, temporary reclassifications, retirement, resignation and leave of absence; process paperwork related to workers' compensation.
• Conduct new employee orientation and provide information related to District policies, procedures and other information as needed; explain medical, dental, vision, life and other benefits available; assist with the completion of enrollment forms as needed.
• Order and maintain office supply inventories.
• Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information regarding collective bargaining agreements and other sensitive information.
• Attend a variety of meetings and participate on assigned committees as directed.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Any combination equivalent to:
Associate degree AND two years increasing responsible general clerical experience involving public contact.
Note: Degrees and credits must be from accredited institutions (Title V Section 53406). Any degree from a country other than the United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be evaluated by an evaluation service.
Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
Knowledge and Abilities:
• Modern Human Resource office functions, practices and procedures.
• General payroll practices and procedures.
• Record-keeping techniques.
• Operation of a computer terminal.
• Oral and written communication skills.
• Telephone techniques and etiquette.
• Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
• Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
• Basic arithmetic.
• Perform responsible personnel and clerical duties in the areas of recruitment, examination, placement and maintenance of personnel records and files and the preparation of related reports.
• Maintain the security of confidential materials.
• Learn and apply personnel rules and related procedures.
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Maintain records and prepare reports.
• Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
• Meet schedules and time lines.
• Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
Salary Grade: 42.5
Special Instructions to Applicants:
First Review of Applications:
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled; but those received by 5:00 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time) on April 20, 2016 are assured consideration. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
• Completed Online Application for Employment form
• Current resume
• Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
• Copy of legible transcripts, if applicable
• List of six (6) professional references – Listed on application form
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.
Recruitment Status (tentative):
• Application Screening: TBD
• Interviews: TBD
The District does not provide sponsorship for authorization to work in the United States. Work authorization should be established at the time of application submission.
All applicants must apply online at http://apptrkr.com/784742. Emails will not be accepted.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.