San Jose City College
Under the direction of a Program Director or other administrator, coordinate program staff activities to assure implementation of program objectives; assure proper interpretation of procedures and regulations to provide for consistent delivery of program services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and oversee assigned programs; provide work direction and guidance to program staff to assure implementation of program policies and objectives.
- Confer with faculty and staff regarding program activities.
- Serve as a lead in the absence of the Program Director.
- Initiate, organize and direct operational procedures of the program.
- Research, monitor and interpret policy and regulations for eligibility requirements of assigned programs; monitor program for compliance to meet County and State regulations.
- Advise students on program services and requirements; assist students with registration; respond to and resolve inquiries.
- Maintain records and develop reports concerning new or ongoing programs and program effectiveness; prepare statistical reports as required.
- Communicate with District and College employees to assess needs and respond to questions; explain and interpret District policies and procedures.
- Monitor overall program budget expenditures and maintain accounting records for budget categories; prepare required reports for program funding and assure that deadlines are met.
- Participate in the selection and hiring of full-time and part-time employees; provide, coordinate and lead employee training; assist employees with improving work performance and the implementation of disciplinary procedures for temporary and student employees as assigned.
- Plan, prioritize, assign, schedule, lead and review the work of full-time and part-time staff responsible for specified operational and technical services.
- Conduct assessment of student needs including monitoring and evaluating the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery methods and procedures as they relate to the program services.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Basic operations, services and activities of assigned program.
- Principles of providing work direction and guidance.
- Pertinent federal, State and local laws, codes and safety regulations.
- Recent developments, current literature and information related to program.
- Modern office practices, procedures and equipment including a computer.
Skills and Ability to:
- Organize, train and monitor the work of technical and clerical personnel.
- Recommend and implement goals and objectives for the program.
- Interpret and explain District policies and procedures.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Any combination of education, training and/or certification equivalent to: two years of college-level course work in a related area.
2. Two years of directly related work experience, lead experience preferred.
3. Demonstrated sensitivity, knowledge and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, gender, gender identity, cultural, disability, and ethnic back of groups historically underrepresented, and groups who may have experienced discrimination.
4. Success integrating diversity as appropriate into the major duties outlined in the job description and in the duties listed in the District's hiring policy; or demonstrated equivalent transferable skills to do so.
1. Bilingual abilities, desirable
$54,661 - $66,722 Annual Salary (Range 96: Classified Salary Schedule Fiscal Year 2014-2015). Starting placement is generally at Step 1.
About San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
The District is represented by dedicated and talented employees who are passionate about providing our student population with the best educational experience possible. The District recognizes that cultural diversity in the academic environment promotes academic excellence; fosters cultural, racial and human understanding; provides positive roles models for all students, and creates an inclusive and supportive educational and work environment for its employees, students, and the community it serves.
The District encourages a diverse pool of applicants to serve as colleagues to an existing diverse faculty consisting of 14% Hispanic/Latino, 22 % Asian/Pacific Islander, 7% Black/African American, 1% American Indian/Native American, 52% White/Caucasian, and as well as encouraging applications from all qualified, outstanding applicants.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
San Jose/Evergreen Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of ethnic group identification, race, color, language, accent, immigration status, ancestry, national origin, age, gender, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, transgender, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, and physical or mental disability consistent with applicable federal and state laws.