Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 4/7/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Executive Secretary (CTE)
Kern Community College District
Position Number: 01660
Posting Date: 03/22/2016
Closing Date: 4/7/2016
Open Until Filled: No
Position Type: Classified
Work Week: 40 hours per week, 12 month position
Minimum Salary: $3,280.31 per month
Maximum Salary: $4,634.99 per month (maximum entry $3,280.31 per month)
The Kern Community College Our competitive benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance; life insurance and dependent life coverage; long-term disability insurance, and an employee assistance program (EAP ). At this time, all premiums for the employee and their eligible dependents are fully paid for by the District.
In addition, employees have the option to purchase:
•Supplemental voluntary life insurance
•403b Tax Shelter Annuity
All coverages begin on the first day of the month following the hire date. Employees are covered under the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS) and are vested 100% after five years of full time service.
College/Site: Bakersfield College
Location: BC-Main Campus
Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, perform a variety of highly responsible secretarial and administrative duties; provide information and assistance to the public.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES :
Participate and assist in the administration of the office; research, compile, analyze and summarize data for special projects and various comprehensive reports; prepare or direct the preparation of annual, quarterly and administrative reports; prepare minutes of meetings; supervise the ordering and storage of office supplies.
Maintain appointment schedules and calendars for executive staff members and other office staff; schedule and arrange travel itineraries and reservations; coordinate activities with other departments, division chairs, the public and outside agencies.
Serve as receptionist for assigned office; screen calls, visitors and mail; respond to sensitive requests for information and assistance; interpret district policies, rules and regulations in response to inquiries and complaints; resolve student concerns and complaints; refer inquiries as appropriate.
Participate in budget preparation and administration; prepare cost estimates for budget recommendations; submit justifications for budget items.
Initiate and maintain a variety of files and records for information related to the office; maintain manuals and update resource materials.
Type and assemble reports, manuals, newsletters and other materials and distribute to staff; attend, take, prepare and distribute minutes of board and committee meetings as directed.
Assign, direct and review the work of staff involved in secretarial and clerical duties of the office; review work for accuracy.
Type and proofread a wide variety of reports, letters, memoranda and statistical charts; type from rough draft, verbal instructions, transcribing machine recordings or dictation; independently compose correspondence related to assigned responsibilities.
Exercise functional and technical direction over clerical staff.
Perform related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Any combination equivalent to:
Graduation from high school supplemented by specialized secretarial or office training AND four years of increasingly responsible secretarial experience.
Note: Degrees and credits must be from accredited institutions (Title V Section 53406). Any degree from a country other than the United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be evaluated by an evaluation service.
Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
Knowledge and Abilities:
• Basic principles and practices of fiscal, statistical and administrative research and report preparation.
• Correct English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
• Rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the community college system.
• Modern office procedures, methods and equipment.
• Public relations techniques.
• Operation of a computer terminal and specified software such as word processing and spreadsheets.
• Business letter writing and basic report preparation.
• Record-keeping techniques.
• Principles and practices of providing work direction and guidance.
• Interpret and apply office policies and procedures.
• Work cooperatively with other departments, offices, students and outside agencies.
• Perform responsible secretarial work involving the use of independent judgment and personal initiative.
• Understand the organization and operation of the district and of outside agencies as necessary to assume assigned responsibilities.
• Analyze situations carefully and adopt effective courses of action.
• Research, compile, analyze, interpret and prepare a variety of fiscal, statistical and administrative reports.
• Maintain confidential data and information for executive staff.
• Independently prepare correspondence and memoranda.
• Operate a variety of office equipment including a fax machine, copier and multi-line phone.
• Provide work direction and guidance to assigned staff.
• Operate a computer terminal and specified software such as word processing and spreadsheets.
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
Salary Grade: 39.5
Special Instructions to Applicants:
First Review of Applications:
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled; but those received by 5:00 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time) on April 7, 2016 are assured consideration. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
• Completed Online Application for Employment form
• Current resume
• Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
• Copy of legible transcripts, if applicable
• List of six (6) professional references – Listed on application form
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.
Recruitment Status (tentative):
• Application Screening: TBD
• Interviews: TBD
The District does not provide sponsorship for authorization to work in the United States. Work authorization should be established at the time of application submission.
All applicants must apply online at http://apptrkr.com/784109. Emails will not be accepted.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.