Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 5/23/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Job ID: 2579 - FT - Unclassified (salaried)
This position specifically supports the mission of the University and the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics by assisting in institutional compliance with NCAA and Conference rules and regulations.
- Responsible for working closely with ICA’s academic support staff to ensure academic success for all student-athletes
- Responsible for training and developing student-athletes towards the goal of winning championships.
- Researches, evaluates, identifies and recruits prospective high school students who can thrive in the Miami University environment while excelling as scholars, athletes, servers and leaders.
- Responsible for first-year swim and dive students transitioning to Miami University through summer orientation and fall semester.
- Assembles, develops and evaluates quality assistant coaches in ways that maximize student development.
- Responsible for working with the sport administrator and athletic department chief financial officer to manage the swim and dive budget.
- Serves the Miami University Athletic Department Mission Statement daily.
- Coordinates all team travel for students and staff for all away contests including plane and bus transportation, lodging and meals.
- Responsible for student lodging on campus including first-year students housing assignments coordinated with Residential Affairs.
- Serves as an ambassador for Miami University, Miami Athletics and Miami’s Swim and Dive Program with the media and in the community.
- Responsible for strictly adhering to NCAA, MAC and Miami University policies and procedures
- Establishes meeting and practice times that minimize academic conflicts yet maximize practice opportunities within NCAA rules and regulations.
- Works closely with the staffs of strength and conditioning, equipment, sports medicine and academic support to ensure high quality student experiences.
- Coordinates alumni relations with the Associate Athletic Director including Alumni Weekend and Homecoming.
- Manages the office of the swim and dive staff to ensure delegation of responsibilities is effective and efficient.
- Works with game operations staff to coordinate all swim and dive related events.
- Coordinates daily administration of the swim and dive program
- Coordinates on-campus recruitment of prospective students for official and unofficial visits.
- Is responsible for the career development of students by integrating within an alumni network, utilizing the resources of the career center and athletic department and placing students in positions prior to their graduation.
- Schedules practice times, facility use and individual workout times.
- Responsible for working directly with the Camp Director to coordinate swim and dive camps including recruiting campers and teams to participate.
- Process initial and renewable financial aid recommendations as appropriate for the swimming program.
- Purchase and coordinate sport equipment.
- Conduct the swimming program in accordance with all NCAA rules, including attendance at compliance meetings, appropriate record keeping for recruiting and playing/practice seasons, monitoring eligibility of student-athletes in the program, successfully completing the annual NCAA certification test, and assisting in the education of student-athletes about NCAA rules.
- Participate in departmental activities, including service on committees and attendance at all scheduled meetings.
- Participate in activities as requested by the Red and White Club.
- Perform other duties as assigned by athletic administration.
- Bachelor’s degree
- A record of successful coaching and recruiting experience at the D1 level
- Knowledge and understanding of NCAA rules and regulations
- Master’s degree
- 5 or more years of successful coaching and recruiting experience at the D1 level
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with smoke- and tobacco-free campuses, is committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.