Detailed Job Description
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of two (2) years medical billing and coding experience in a hospital or clinical setting
- 50 wpm typing skill with no greater than a 2% error factor.
- Microsoft 2010 software application including Word and Excel; minimum 3 years of demonstrated experience.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Physical dexterity and mobility: good speech and articulation: good hearing and vision. Must be able to lift 25 pounds. Must be able to reach and place items on shelving 66” high
- Good verbal and written communication skills as well, as great organizational skills.
- Good practical thinking and common sense knowledge;
- Proven attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficiency, Prioritizing, Customer Service and Multi-Tasking skills,
- Must Demonstrate Self Starter Attributes and take initiative when completing tasks,
- Basic knowledge of software vs hardware computer issues
- Knowledge of Basic CPT procedures and Diagnostic Codes
- Billing and Medical terminology necessary
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supports Parker’s Mission and Vision and adheres to our Parker’s Principles and Values. Protects Patient Rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal and financial information and adherence to all HIPPA Guidelines and Regulations.
- Processes all Daily Billing Batches and reviews each Superbill for accuracy in accordance to billing and coding guidelines. Identifies any missing information to patient accounts. Obtains clarification by pulling patient files, makes requests to Student Interns, CFD’s or staff in order to make good judgment calls to post for services accurately in our Practice Management System.
- Assists with Student Intern Check Outs at the end or early beginning of a Trimester.
- Provides Quality Control and Compliance to patient account demographics and insurance carrier information in NetPracticePM for all Clinical Sties locations.
- Processes Statistical reporting as needed and requested by the Clinical Operations Manager.
- Assists in Billing for External Programs, possibly Medicare and any other billing necessary to close the month.
- Assists in processing all applications for the Special Consideration by reviewing all pertinent data required and providing approval/denial response.
- Processes Monthly Patient Statement, in addition to understanding patient account history ledger breakdowns.
- Maintains all Billing Office Policies and Procedures applicable to your specific Job Functions.
- Answers questions from Patients, Student Interns and Staff employees regarding patient account demographics, account balance and claims filing status.
- Assists in processing patient and insurance refunds by submitting proper documentation to the Business Office and following up within the month closing for the adjustments to be made in NetPracticePM.
- Serves as liaison to ChiroNet and assists with any requests for billing corrections, medical records request related to claim dates and any changes or editing to Diagnosis codes.
Application Process: Please submit resumes and cover letters via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Parker University is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.