Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 5/11/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Saint Louis University, a Catholic Jesuit institution dedicated to student learning, research, health care, and service is seeking applicants for Academic English Coordinator.
Saint Louis University has formed a Joint Venture with INTO Higher Education, called INTO SLU. The Academic English Program provides the Intensive English and Academic English courses taken by international students in Intensive English, Academic English and Pathways.
The Academic English Coordinator will manage the day-to-day operations of the INTO SLU English language programs. This position will provide subject matter expertise while ensuring effective oversight of course outcomes, student success, efficient management and adherence to policy and standards. This position will assist with budget accountability, management of staff activities and training.
The Academic English Coordinator will manage program development, content delivery, and aim to maximize student success within the INTO SLU English language programs (Academic English, Pathways, and others as they are developed). The successful candidate will excel in providing first class academic provision and student support for all students enrolled in INTO SLU programs.
Key accountabilities and duties
The responsibilities of this position may change and develop over time, but will include the following:
• Directs curriculum development and makes recommendations to the INTO SLU Academic Director for adjustments or changes to student services, program delivery, and curriculum; and further implements the approved changes independently.
• Review instructor/course effectiveness to ensure the high quality and integrity of INTO SLU programs.
• Establish effective tools and channels for program evaluation (e.g. feedback from students & teaching staff; staff-student committees; feedback from Departments and Colleges etc.).
• Implement administrative and record-keeping processes associated with teaching and assessment (e.g. student progress reports, test invigilation, grade sheets, attendance and activity records, tutorial logs, advising logs, and references).
• Manage and plan teaching needs with the Academic Director by strategically hiring 9 month, 12 month, or adjuncts based on expected enrollment cycles.
• Effectively allocate teaching resources and student enrollments for successful program delivery and financial viability.
• Communicate and implement key policies, including agreed upon standards for teaching, program goals, curriculum, materials, resources and methodology.
• Provide staff with on-going support and guidance with regard to the teaching and care of students (including delivering verbal and written warnings, and running student induction sessions).
• Develop and manage academic support services including advising.
• Facilitate academic staff orientation, performance management, and professional development.
• Complete all necessary administration duties as needed, such as writing student references and reports.
• Maintain relationships with Saint Louis University, acting as a positive ambassador for INTO SLU.
• Contribute to the development of marketing and brand strategy to promote INTO SLU programs.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Master’s Degree or higher in TESOL, Linguistics, Education, Composition or other closely related fields.
• At least three years of experience in managing an ESL Program or similar administrative experience.
• Demonstrated excellence in ESL teaching with a record of at least four years of full-time experience.
• Ability to work well as part of a team in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
• Ability to build and manage relationships with peers, senior managers, university stakeholders, parents and students from a range of linguistic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
• Advanced level English language skills typically demonstrated by the completion of a Bachelor’s and Master’s degree through the medium of English.
• IT literate with ability to use all standard software to generate professional, well-presented documents and presentations including text and images.
• Teaching experience in a university academic preparation program.
• Ability to communicate and influence others and ensure the message is clearly understood.
• Ability to apply sound judgment and ethical decision-making skills pertaining to confidential information.
• An understanding of higher education and the needs and requirements of international students.
• Ability to put in place systems and processes that are effective and efficient and produce quality, timely management information.
• Commitment to SLU’s goals and strategies for expanding international programs.
• Leadership and competence in teaching at university level.
• International teaching experience in addition to US experience.
• Knowledge and experience of the languages and cultures represented in the INTO SLU student body.
• Ability to maximize the efficiency of resources available within the agreed constraints.
Interested candidates must complete an application and submit a cover letter and current curriculum vitae to https://jobs.slu.edu. Review of applications begins immediately and continues until the position is filled.
Saint Louis University is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer, and encourages nominations and applications of women and minorities.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.