Detailed Job Description
Campus or Location
- Instructors will provide instruction, and assign repertoire that matches the level of each individual student.
- Instructors develop and present a curriculum that provides students with an experience in the art form that is age appropriate, and challenges students to achieve at the highest level.
- Instructors will be expected to present a culminating event representing the quality of work undertaken over the course of the semester.
- Degree on the instrument they are teaching and/or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of effective strategies for integrating students with varying stages of musical development
- Ability to assess and grade the progress of the students
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Prior instructional experience
Between the standard College hours of business 8:30 – 5pm, Monday through Friday. Evenings and/or weekends may be required to accommodate various events and activities. The work schedule for this position will vary based on enrollment and departmental need.
Target Hiring Rate/Salary
|Posting Open Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Affirmative Action Statement
Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution
- Arts Prep
- Instructor, Music Class
- Exemplary Learning and Teaching Community
- Embrace Diversity
- Promote Individual Development and Quality of Life
- Music (instrument)