Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 5/7/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Synopsis of Role:
The Financial Aid Processing Team Specialist assists students with tuition, Title IV financial aid processing, Veterans' Assistance (VA) and alternative loan inquiries.
• Reviews and processes various forms of financial aid including federal financial aid (Title IV), veterans' benefits, alternative loans, employer vouchers and military tuition assistance.
• Assists students, education offices and employers via telephone and e-mail regarding the financial aid application and award process, alternative loan options and military educational benefits to include Tuition Assistance (TA) and Veterans' Assistance (VA).
• Retrieves and processes tuition assistance forms electronically.
• Maintains communication with virtual financial aid office.
• Performs research on approval status of all financial aid types.
• Grants course access upon receipt of approved financial aid documentation.
• Provides suggestions of actions to manager and/or senior specialist on processes and issues.
• Interacts with other departments to achieve daily goals.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
• Standard office environment in Charles Town, WV.
• Basic computer skills including experience with Windows based applications (specifically Excel and Word).
• Demonstrated positive attitude and work ethic.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Two (2) years of experience in finance or accounting or one year experience in a financial aid services position.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.