- Creates strategies, direction, goals and initiatives for the training and development of faculty.
- Works across functional areas to leverage resources to implement strategic goals related to Institutional Priorities.
- Maintains a vision and current knowledge of teaching excellence grounded in educational research and expertise.
- · Maintains knowledge of faculty development programs across campus so that the Center can act as a clearinghouse for information about such activities.
- · Communicates the importance of teaching and learning to both internal and external audiences; promote policies to support and reward high quality teaching.
- · Evaluates trainings through surveys to assess inservices, webinars, classes, needs assessment, etc.
- · Analyzes data related to retention, pass rates, student progression, and institutional surveys in order to identify areas of training for continuous improvement.
- · Participates with senior leadership to establish strategic plans and objectives and cultivates the support for the scholarship of teaching and learning.
- · Maintains relationships with area, state and national CTL directors to share resources and best practices while building professional relationships between other universities and community colleges.
- Develops and manages program budget, tracks expenditures and authorizes purchase orders for program purchases reflecting the best use of funds.
- Analyzes needed resources and their costs.
- Determines existing opportunities, curriculum, policies and procedures, and conduct informal and formal program need/opportunity assessments for multiple professional development tracks, including both faculty and administrative goals.
- Establishes professional development categories—performance enhancement (software, etc), knowledge enhancement, institution enhancement (online grants and budget training), personal enhancement (for well-being of the individual).
- Establishes minimum and maximum number of hours for professional development to ensure that all employees are allowed an opportunity for growth, and to ensure that professional development becomes the accepted norm.
· Identifies and promotes appropriate professional development opportunities locally and nationally.
- Makes recommendations to strengthen delivery methods for faculty by identifying training delivery protocols as needed.
- Establishes and maintains a Professional Development website presence with links to professional development resources and opportunities and a calendar of events.
- Facilitates the preparation of correspondence, newsletters, marketing materials, and other materials related to professional development activities.
- Provides programming and support for full time and adjunct faculty at all major campuses.
- Provides consultation on teaching issues from a brief question to multiple individual meetings with faculty.
- · Assists academic programs in curriculum development and improvement.
- · Supports instructors in course planning and pedagogical development, including the integration of technology.
- · Develops and maintains service learning program.
- Organizes faculty inservice activities.
- Develops an orientation plan for all employees that includes core competencies covering basic information that all employees should know including ethics, diversity, communication, use of technology, etc.
- Conducts training for faculty to prepare the rank advancement portfolio.
- Work with the library to create a collection of faculty resource books, materials and journals.
- Leads CTL Advisory Board for input and feedback on Center for Teaching and Learning activities and interests.
- Prepares an annual report on CTL activities of and participation.
- Hires, supervises, and cultivates CTL staff as resources allow.
- Performs other duties as assigned.