Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 7/26/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Job ID: 2560
Maintain and repair instruments and other laboratory equipment. Provide technical support services to Instrumentation Laboratory clientele. Perform preventative maintenance and repairs as necessary on such devices as sterilizers, autoclaves, and bottle washers. Construct, test, and calibrate specialized and custom instruments and apparatus designed by Instrumentation Engineer. Coordinate instrumentation repair activities with clientele.
1. Service and repair analytic instruments and apparatus utilized in scientific laboratories, including vacuum pumps, compressors, and stirring devices.
2. Construct, test, and calibrate custom mechanical or electrical apparatus.
3. Perform preventative maintenance and repairs as necessary on such devices as sterilizers, autoclaves, and bottle washers.
4. Assist Instrumentation Engineer on consultations with faculty and students regarding custom apparatus modification, design, or construction.
5. Coordinate repair activities with Instrumentation Laboratory clientele.
6. Coordinate with Instrument Repair Technician to maintain shop inventories of materials and replacement parts.
7. Assist in machine shop when work load requires.
8. Perform related duties as assigned by the Director.
Associate degree in engineering technology /equivalent military experience, or relevant professional experience with troubleshooting and repair in electronics. Ability to understand operating and principles of analytic instruments.
Bachelor's degree in engineering, engineering technology, physics, or related field. Experience with troubleshooting, repair, or design of complex electronic systems. Experience in constructing, testing, and maintaining laboratory equipment. Hands on Electrical/electronics experience. Machine shop experience would be of value.
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with smoke- and tobacco-free campuses, is committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.