Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 9/15/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
As a Postdoctoral Fellow in the Goodman Lab, a successful candidate will develop his or her own project investigating the innate immune response using animal models. The successful candidate will be highly motivated and enjoys a collaborative atmosphere within the lab and the School of Molecular Biosciences.
Responsibilities will include:
• Designing and carrying out experiments in the lab.
• Developing novel animals models for experimentation.
• Integrating molecular biology results with bioinformatics data.
• Presenting the research through oral presentation and publication.
The successful applicant will meet the following qualifications:
• Ph.D. in microbiology, immunology, cell biology, or biochemistry.
• Wet-lab experience with Western blotting, cloning, immunoprecipitations, RNA and protein extraction, qRT-PCR, confocal microscopy, luciferase assays, and viral and bacterial infections.
• Excellent computer skills, especially with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint, and Keynote for Mac.
• Experience in bioinformatics and gene expression profiling.
• The ability to problem-solve and learn new experimental techniques.
• Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
The applicant should have no more than one year of previous post-doc experience.
WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EDUCATOR AND EMPLOYER. Members of ethnic minorities, women, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam-era, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans, persons of disability and/or persons age 40 and over are encouraged to apply.
WSU is committed to excellence through diversity and faculty-friendly policy action, including partner accommodation and NSF ADVANCE Institutional Transformation programs (http://www.advance.wsu.edu/).
WSU employs only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized non-U.S. citizens. All new employees must show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
WSU is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact Human Resource Services: 509-335-4521(v), Washington State TDD Relay Service: Voice Callers: 1-800-833-6384; TDD Callers: 1-800-833-6388, 509-335-1259(f), or email@example.com.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.