Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 9/27/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Saint Louis University, a Catholic, Jesuit institution dedicated to student learning, research, health care and service is seeking applicants for an appointment in the Department of Aviation Science in Parks College. The position is a non-tenure-track, 12-month faculty appointment at the level of instructor.
Parks College provides academic programs of excellence that integrate the education of the whole person, in the liberal and Jesuit traditions, with classroom and laboratory experience in engineering and aviation.
The Chief Flight Instructor under the direction of the department chair, is responsible for supervising operations at the Center for Aviation Science airport facility; providing leadership and guidance for assistant chief instructors, and flight instructors; serving as the Instructor of Record for all flight training courses; ensuring compliance with the Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs) in the training of students and the supervision of flight instructors; engaging in and supporting department academic and scholarly activity.
This position may include any and/or all of the following responsibilities:
1. Certifies all training records, graduation certificates, stage and final test reports, and student recommendations; conducts each stage and/or final test given to students; assigns and reports grades for all flight courses.
2. Conducts initial proficiency check of each instructor to be used in a course of instruction; conducts annual recurrent proficiency checks in accordance to FARs; ensures compliance with FARs.
3. Supervises all Center for Aviation Science operations, flight training activities, assistant chief instructors, and flight instructors; monitors flight instructor and assistant chief instructor performance and makes recommendations; mentors flight instructors and assistant chief instructors.
4. Supervises scheduling/dispatch activities related to scheduling of students, instructors, and aircraft for flight training; monitors overall student progress; ensures availability to flight students desiring advice or consultation.
5. Serves as the primary point of contact between the Aviation Science Department and the Center for Aviation Science facility.
6. Maintains currency with regulatory and procedural changes in the flight training environment; reviews and updates all aspects of the flight training program; ensures training materials are current and in stock.
7. Schedules and leads meetings with staff; meets with prospective students and parents; maintains a cooperative and communicative attitude with airport officials and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) personnel; performs other duties as assigned.
8. Engages in and supports department academic, research and scholarly activity.
Candidates must possess a master’s degree in a related field or must be enrolled in graduate studies demonstrating progress towards a master’s degree; must possess three (3) years related experience and eligibility for designation as chief instructor under FAR Part 141.35.
Interested candidates must complete an application and submit a cover letter and current curriculum vitae to https://jobs.slu.edu. All other correspondence regarding this position can be sent to Stephen Magoc, (firstname.lastname@example.org), Department Chair, Department of Aviation Science, Parks College of Engineering, Aviation, and Technology, Saint Louis University, 3450 Lindell Blvd., St. Louis, MO 63103.
The search committee will begin reviewing applications immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Saint Louis University is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages nominations of and application from women and minorities.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.