Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 4/12/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
This position is responsible for providing assistance in daily operations to the Department Chair, Faculty and Students in the Department of Human Performance and Sport (HPS).
This position is responsible for:
1) Budget Administration: 15%
Establish procedures, monitor all HPS departmental operating budgets while tracking, reporting and ensuring current fiscal year budgets do not exceed allotted limits. Utilizes Banner System and data base management computer systems and software. Has signatory authority on operating, program fees and foundation accounts for Department programs.
2) Information Technology: 20%
Cross trains with information technology on all data bases and software. Will perform all data entry into the Banner system for all department areas. Determines process for creating and posting new website and social media content. Manages, reviews and approves all website and social media content.
3) Faculty/Personnel: 20%
Responsible for assuring accuracy in generating paperwork and via People Admin for advertising new faculty positions, and affiliate faculty, initiating paperwork for all full time and affiliate faculty contracts, and maintains affiliate faculty pools. Assist the department chair in establishing course schedules for each semester. Works in conjunction with Exercise Science and Athletic Training Lab Coordinators to purchase, track and inventory lab equipment, and order supplies for labs, classrooms and offices as needed.
4) Office Administration /work study supervision: 35%
Writes job descriptions, advertises, interviews, hires, trains, establishes job performance and supervises work-study students for office work purposes. Works to oversee work-study students and ensure that they properly complete and submit time sheets on schedule. Assists with implementation of all Department accreditation and assessment activities. Informs continuing and new affiliate faculty about Department/University policies. Assists those who are hired with all human resources paperwork and procedures. Serves as liaison for the Department with the Office of Equal Opportunity when conducting searches for full-time and part-time faculty. Attends department meetings and takes notes. Determines what safety procedures need to be implemented (e.g. calling 911 on-campus, contact campus security, AED use etc.). Determines department needs related to AHEC Facility Management.
5) Student Advising: 10%
Provides student advising and registration of students in classes as necessary. Represents Department Chair at meetings as required.
1) Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education or the equivalent education and experience. (The standard equivalency is: One year of education is equal to two years of experience.)
2) Experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook)
3) Experience supervising and providing performance management for staff.
4) Experience in purchasing along with following rules and regulations.
5) Experience using databases and computer software that includes, Student Success Collaborative, Terminal Four – Site Manager, Banner or similar related student information systems.
6) Experience using emergency procedures.
1) Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
2) Three years of related experience.
3) Experience tracking and managing budgets.
4) Experience with Banner system or similar related student information systems experience.
5) Public relations skills, including excellent written and oral communication skills.
6) Ability to work independently, handle matters confidentially, solve problems, and make decisions appropriate to the position.
7) Must be detail-oriented, organized and able to manage multiple tasks at one time.
8) Must be able to interact positively with a wide range of people within the University and with external audiences.
9) Ability to adapt from routine administrative duties to special needs or situations in a seamless manner and on a daily basis.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
Please upload a cover letter and resume to the online application to be considered for this position.
Please submit a list of three references with contact information.
References refers to a list of three professional references and their contact information.
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.