Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 5/19/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
This position is primarily teaching and workshop facilitation with the expectation to contribute to the overall operations of the CTLL including international immersion programming. Opportunities for teaching include the newly approved outdoor leadership and service learning capstone course (HD415), the wildly popular life skills and communication courses (HD205 live and online), the signature online Tidal Leadership certificate program (open enrollment and HD505), as well as various industry and in-house workshops and events. Aside from teaching, another primary responsibility of this position is to develop and deliver a portfolio of immersion-based global learning programs for the College and to serve as a liaison with WSU’s International Programs Office. Other duties include mentoring and advising students; collaborating with assessment, research and publication efforts and participating in committees, events, and other activities associated with Academic Programs, the College of Agricultural, Human and Natural Resource Sciences (CAHNRS) and WSU.
• Advanced Degree in related field (e.g., Education Leadership, Human Development, Organizational Leadership, Psychology) plus three years of progressively responsible work experience in education, facilitation, organizational leadership or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Demonstrated exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with students and a variety of audiences and stakeholders.
• Experience facilitating groups and teams in various contexts and content areas, including but not limited to: collaboration, conflict navigation, personality types, communication, mindfulness, decision-making and leading through influence.
• Experience leading experiential education activities, including international immersion, service learning or outdoor education.
• Demonstrated experience in undergraduate and graduate education and a commitment to professional education at all levels.
• Demonstrated experience with international immersion programs or other global experiences.
• Proficiency in online education and distance learning.
• Familiarity with Acceptance and Commitment Training (ACT) principles.
• A willingness and commitment to integrate course skills into one’s personal practices.
• Commitment to working collaboratively on curriculum development and delivery with other faculty within and outside the CTLL.
This recruitment is for position #123124.
WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EDUCATOR AND EMPLOYER. Members of ethnic minorities, women, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam-era, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans, persons of disability and/or persons age 40 and over are encouraged to apply.
WSU is committed to excellence through diversity and faculty-friendly policy action, including partner accommodation and NSF ADVANCE Institutional Transformation programs (http://www.advance.wsu.edu/).
WSU employs only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized non-U.S. citizens. All new employees must show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
WSU is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact Human Resource Services: 509-335-4521(v), Washington State TDD Relay Service: Voice Callers: 1-800-833-6384; TDD Callers: 1-800-833-6388, 509-335-1259(f), or email@example.com.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.