Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 4/19/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
This position will work with senior level administrators, faculty, students and key stakeholders in complex assignments, that may require special lighting, numerous locations, creativity, special audio needs or interviewing subjects and/or coordinates the work of other videographers. The video content produced by the videographer will align with MSU Denver’s mission, vision, and values, and will support the University’s strategic plan, goals and objectives.
This is a new position, so previous experience building a video production department from the ground up is essential. Detailed knowledge of equipment needs from day one is crucial to getting the department up and running immediately. The Associate Director of Videography and Production will report directly to the Senior Director of Integrated Marketing and Communications for the University.
1. The videographer will be working closely with all members of the MSU Denver community and must conduct themselves in the highest professional manner at all times, especially in stressful situations. The videographer will need to exercise a tremendous amount of independent judgement to carry out the duties assigned, so previous experience in a higher ed environment is essential.
2. Videotaping and editing final visual/audio program material
3. Oversees the security, operation and maintenance of equipment utilized in shooting and editing.
4. Efforts to remain up-to-date with latest technology and styles will be a daily requirement for this position.
5. The videographer will actively seek out continuing education possibilities to stay current in their field, including best practices in the video production field. This includes production techniques and equipment needed to adequately perform the job.
•Minimum of 10 years of videography and editing experience in an advertising agency, television newsroom and/or institute of higher learning.
•Bachelor’s degree required.
•5 or more years of experience with a variety of broadcast-quality cameras and editing programs such as Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premier, Avid or comparable program.
•Experience with design/animation software such as Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, or comparable program.
•Experience in managing multiple priorities for production of videos, story boards and internal MSU Denver clients.
•Experience in maintaining a sophisticated editing system to produce videos and video elements.
•Experience in working and consulting with vendors to determine and ensure the best use of software and computer equipment to deliver the highest quality product.
•High level of organization will be essential to keep all video files organized and protected to avoid data loss.
•Experience in managing a team of freelance producers who will assist in production as needed.
•Knowledge of local freelance video production teams to assist when additional resources are needed.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
References refers to a list of 3 professional references and their contact information.
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.