Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 4/10/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Counselor/Accommodations Specialist at the WITC Rice Lake Campus. The primary purpose of this position is to facilitate and enhance learners’ personal and professional growth as well as their success in achieving academic goals. Through assistance with decision-making, career planning and life planning, this position helps students transition into and succeed in college and the world of work. All work is grounded in sound counseling and student learner developmental theory. Collaboration is fostered not only with the student learner, but also with co-workers, employers, and other schools and community agencies. This position is also responsible for providing campus disability services and ensuring equal access for students with disabilities. The position is 60% Counselor and 40% Accommodations Specialist duties.
*Provide counseling to facilitate learner goal clarification
*Provide counseling to enhance learner transition and retention
*Provide counseling to assist with learner goal attainment
*Serve as advocate for issues regarding students with disabilities
*Support the college enrollment management efforts
*Disseminate information through institutional printed publications regarding disability services and how to access them
*Promote access to the campus community
*Create, maintain and utilize records
*Maintain ongoing professional growth
*Determine with students appropriate academic accommodations and services
*Encourage students with disabilities to develop independence & self advocacy
*Inform faculty regarding academic accommodations and compliance with legal responsibilities
*Maintain relationships with high school representatives and community organizations as assigned
*Develop/Utilize a case management system that addresses the careful accurate records of each student
*Complete client and grant reporting data as required by the state
*Collaborate with and/or mentor other campus/college counselors and K-12 and university counselor externs
*Serve as a professional counseling resource for faculty in order to effectively meet learner needs
*Participate actively in campus, Collegewide, regional, state teams and committees
For a complete job description, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Master’s degree* in Guidance and Counseling or Counseling including practicum experience.
2. Two years (4,000 hours) of occupational experience outside of education.
3. Two years (4,000 hours) experience counseling persons regarding vocational and career concerns.
4. Demonstrated experience and leadership that promotes the knowledge, respect, and inclusion of culturally diverse populations.
5. Previous work experience involving provision of direct accommodation services to students, including but not limited to assistive technology and adaptive equipment.
6. Knowledge of state and federal laws regarding disability services in post-secondary education.
7. Knowledge of services, adjustments and aids for students with disabilities in a post-secondary environment.
8. Demonstrated ability to work with people of diverse economic, social, racial, and ethnic background.
1. Master’s degree in Guidance and Counseling or Counseling including practicum experience PLUS bachelor’s degree with a minor or 20 semester credits in special education, rehabilitation, speech pathology, or other related field.
2. Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in career counseling and assessment.
3. Technical College/Community College experience.
4. Experience with development/ review of disability documentation (i.e., 504, IEP, psychometric testing) and diagnostic testing to determine appropriate accommodations and supports.
*Please note that official or unofficial transcripts are required at time of application to support educational degrees listed in your application.
$49,557 – $58,689
Your application will be considered complete when we have received a completed online application, a cover letter addressing all of the qualifications for this position, a resume, and original or copies of official or unofficial college transcripts. If you have noted an educational degree on your application, WITC requests transcripts to support your degree. Official transcripts are required prior to an offer of employment.
Please mail transcripts, if unable to scan, to Human Resources:
505 Pine Ridge Drive
Shell Lake WI 54871
WITC is an Equal Opportunity/Access Employer and Educator.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.