Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 8/2/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Job ID: 2539 - Unclassified - FT (salary)
Position leads, manages, plans, organizes and controls a large custodial and special services operation of approximately 120 staff within a large university campus setting. Responsibilities include delivering housekeeping services, budget management, quality assurance, customer service, report generation for management, and personnel functions.
1) Leadership-Management-Relationship with Superiors – provides direction, focus, guidance, support, prioritization and oversight for managerial and supervisory staff; develops and implements programs, policies, processes and procedures that result in high levels of organizational performance and effectiveness; keep superior informed; be responsive to directives from superiors; support the unit, departmental, and institutional goals
2) Custodial Work Planning – Develops and implements a plan to ensure that all buildings and areas of responsibility are cleaned on a regular basis; determines appropriate cleaning tasks, frequencies, methods, and service levels
3) Special Services Work Planning – Develops and implements plans for the delivery of various special services, to include trucking and moving, storage, refuse collection and disposal, event support, window washing, emergency clean up responses, carpet cleaning and replacement, and other services
4) Budget Management -- prepares and manages operating and capital improvement budgets; ensures funds are spent in accordance with state law and University policy
5) Quality Control – develops, implements, and oversees programs, policies and work practices and processes that result in high levels of quality
6) Customer Service -- develops programs, policies and work practices that result in a high degree of customer satisfaction; develops, implements, and oversees customer satisfaction measurement system
7) Record Keeping & Reporting Function -- develops policies and work practices that result in accurate and timely tracking of work requests; prepares periodic reports detailing performance of the business unit
8) Personnel Function – makes recommendations for hiring actions; issues discipline such as counseling and reprimands; provides for the training and professional development of employees; ensures employee performance evaluations are conducted; enforces work rules; holds subordinate employee accountable for productivity
Bachelor’s degree in business or appropriately related field, plus at least three years full-time verifiable experience in institutional/organizational leadership position; or, associate’s degree in business or appropriately related field, plus six years full-time verifiable experience in institutional/organizational leadership position; or, at least ten years full-time verifiable experience in institutional and/or commercial custodial operations with increasing managerial responsibilities, and at least three years of verifiable experience in a senior leadership position; and
Supervisory Experience – at least five years experience in directly supervising staff
Attention to Detail - ability to maintain detailed and complete records of work unit business activity and expenditures
Communication Skills - ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to a wide range of persons
Customer Service Skills – understanding of modern customer service theories, practices and methods
Managerial Complexity - must be able to successfully handle multiple tasks at once, and be able to determine appropriate priorities; must be able to make independent interpretations and make appropriate decisions that are in the best interest of the organization and that are consistent with the objectives of upper-management; must be able to meet deadlines and work under pressure; may be required to work a flexible schedule at times, including some nights and weekends; must have strong organization and management skills
Computer Skills - must be proficient in the use of business application software, to include word processor, spreadsheet, and database programs
Certified Educational Facilities Professional (CEFP) through APPA (Association of Physical Plant Administrators)
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with smoke- and tobacco-free campuses, is committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.