Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 6/24/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Under the direction of the Manager - Employment, the Generalist - Human Resources will perform a variety of analytical activities in Human Resources administration at the professional level and carry out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: recruiting, employment, training, and other HR related tasks as needed.
Essential Functions, Major Duties, and/or Accountabilities:
- Perform duties in recruiting, employment, training, and/or other HR related tasks as needed.
- Answer questions regarding employment policies and procedures, in addition to general HR questions.
- Assist hiring managers with recruiting and selection procedures in compliance with institution, State, and Federal regulations such as screen applications, advertise openings, and recommend salary placement.
- Appropriately screen, direct and/or resolve employee-related problems such as performance issues, complaints, harassment allegations, and civil rights complaints.
- Conduct various special studies and prepare various employee reports, metrics, and general reports, as needed.
- Ensure that employee policies and procedures are followed and recommend procedural changes that will improve the functioning of Human Resources.
- Assist, facilitate and/or provide training (including orientation) to University employees.
- Support University compensation and benefit programs.
- Design and implement quality improvement and communication methods and materials as needed.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.