Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 8/17/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Job ID: 2525 - Unclassified - FT (Salary)
The Associate Director of Alumni Relations, Alumni Career Education and Development, will work collaboratively as well as independently to promote and advance alumni engagement. The position reports directly to the Director of Alumni Engagement and works in coordination with the Assistant Director, Alumni Career Education & Development.
The ideal candidate will be energetic, solutions-based and innovative, with excellent communication skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. She or he will have the ability to work with varied personalities and work styles. He or she will have many opportunities to collaborate with talented people and build relationships across campus, within the division of University Advancement, and throughout the Miami alumni community.
This person will play a critical role in delivering programming and leadership to support Miami’s efforts related to Alumni Career Education & Development (ACED). As directed by Miami University’s 2020 Plan, Alumni Career Education & Development will provide robust educational opportunities and career support, as well as dynamic online content for alumni around the globe.
- Provide strategic leadership for and coordination of all ACED services and related programs, including career and educational programming, content and events.
- Engage in long-range planning and program development to meet and anticipate the professional and career-related educational needs of alumni.
- Implement professional and career development programming, both in-person and web-based, including seminars, lectures, webinars, workshops, networking, on-demand content and more designed to promote the career success of Miami alumni.
- Collaborate with campus partners, both academic and non-academic, to create meaningful opportunities for alumni to engage with students. This includes fostering alumni classroom participation, as well as establishing alumni-sponsored career and internship pathways.
- In partnership with Miami University Career Services, optimize the transition of recent graduates into the ACED constituency.
- Provide ongoing ACED outcome measurement and usage reports. Track data to measure impact of ACED initiatives.
- Plan and manage ACED marketing & communication, including but not limited to information at MiamiAlum.org, the Miami University Alumni Association LinkedIn group, relevant social media and print collateral, and innovative marketing solutions.
- Build and maintain successful partnerships and administer contracts with commercial vendors of alumni career services.
- Build, monitor, and evaluate network of career advising partner(s) for referral of alumni as appropriate.
- Provide occasional career advising in both 1:1 and group settings.
- Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor's degree
2. Three years of work experience.
3. Organized, task-oriented with demonstrated problem-solving skills and the ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
4. Ability to work collaboratively with various groups, volunteers, and campus partners.
5. Strong communicator with excellent written, verbal, and social media skills. Will have an eye on the current digital environment and an interest in or experience with social media marketing trends.
6. Strong understanding of and commitment to customer service.
7. Ability and willingness to travel (20 – 40%) and availability to work on weekends and/or extended hours as necessary.
1. Master's degree.
2. Knowledge of Miami University.
3. Experience in a non-profit or higher educational setting.
4. Strong presentation skills and/or demonstrated training experience toward such a goal.
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with smoke- and tobacco-free campuses, is committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.