Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 4/19/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The School of Education at Metropolitan State University of Denver seeks an innovative, creative, and collaborative individual to serve as its Director of Clinical Experiences and Partnerships. Responsible for overseeing the Office of Clinical Experiences, the Director will enact an intentional vision for creating, and building upon existing, dynamic district/school partnerships to ensure the most meaningful and professionally relevant clinical experiences for all of MSU Denver’s undergraduate and graduate teacher candidates. Working with internal and external stakeholders, the Director will co-construct mutually beneficial internship possibilities, enabling the School of Education and Front Range districts to authentically collaborate around meeting the needs of schools and preparing today’s education students for leadership in tomorrow’s schools.
The candidate must have the ability to work with and be sensitive to the educational needs of a culturally diverse urban population. Metropolitan State University of Denver is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women and minorities to apply.
The Director of Clinical Experiences and Partnerships will:
25% Fostering Collaborative Partnerships
• Collaborate closely with faculty to develop consistent, coordinated, institutionalized policies and procedures for clinical sites and partnerships with districts and schools based on current research.
• Collaborate with School of Education Department Chairs and Dean, to establish institutional commitment to partnerships.
• Serve as liaison between the School of Education and P-12 educational organizations and programs, including Colorado Departments of Education and Higher Education.
10% Budget Management
• Oversee the Office of Clinical Experiences to develop a projected budget for successive academic years.
• Acquire funding, grant funding and identify/secure alternative funding sources for program implementation
• Comply with all fiscal procurement regulations, policies and procedures
50% Program Implementation/Leadership
• Collaborate with Field Placement Coordinator, and as co-leader of the School of Education Partnership Committee, to draft, implement, and continuously improve an intentional, professional, and pedagogically-sound trajectory of clinical experiences (i.e., practicum through student teaching) for all teacher education candidates.
• Provide effective supervision of the Field Placement Coordinator and an administrative staff.
• Take a leadership role in forming partnerships with local schools and child-care facilities (both public and private) by recruiting, developing, and maintaining clinical sites.
• Attend and present School of Education placement program to internal and external stakeholders, including state departments and other higher education institutions.
• Develop incentives to recognize and compensate supervising teachers through training opportunities, re-licensure hours, and other means.
• Work with the School’s Data and Assessment Specialist to collect, and devise effective methods of, evaluation data for accreditation purposes to inform program decisions, drive instruction, and make recommendations for future clinical placements.
10% Professional Development
Remain professionally competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts, attending professional development courses, and attending trainings related to clinical practice, internships, and apprenticeships.
5% other Duties as assigned
• Master’s degree in Education or other relevant field the equivalent combination of education and experience.
• A record of building collaborative relationships around promising practices for clinical experiences (experience in a student teaching or field placement office in an IHE, or experience working in teacher placement offices in an SEA or LEA, experience in mentoring new teachers).
• Teaching experience (minimum three years) in a pre k-12 setting.
• Experience working with Excel spreadsheets, specifically related to budget and financial planning purposes.
• Must have database management experience for recordkeeping and reporting purposes.
• Supervisory experience.
• PhD in Education or related field.
• Experience with staff development or as a teacher coach or mentor.
• Recognized experience as a Master teacher or leader.
• Knowledge of local (Front Range) schools and districts.
• Knowledge of Colorado’s Teacher Quality and Academic Standards for teachers.
• Record of successful grant writing.
• Must possess an understanding of data and assessment for program evaluation and accreditation
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www.msuddenverjobs.com.
References refers to a list of three professional references and their contact information.
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
If you cannot submit all required documents at the time of application please send information by midnight on the close date of 4/18/2016 to:
Attn: Brian Sevier
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.