Detailed Job Description
Founded in 1863, Saint Mary's is a residential campus nestled 20 miles east of San Francisco in the picturesque Moraga Valley. Based in the Catholic, Lasallian and liberal arts traditions, Saint Mary's currently enrolls more than 4,000 students from diverse backgrounds in undergraduate and graduate programs. The De La Salle Christian Brothers, the largest teaching order of the Roman Catholic Church, guide the spiritual and academic character of the College.
As a comprehensive and independent institution, Saint Mary’s offers undergraduate and graduate programs integrating liberal and professional education. Saint Mary’s reputation for excellence, innovation and responsiveness in education stems from its vibrant heritage as a Catholic, Lasallian and liberal arts institution. An outstanding, committed faculty and staff that value shared inquiry, integrative learning and student interaction bring these traditions to life in the 21st century. The College is committed to the educational benefits of diversity.
1) Recruiting approximately 265+ students for 6 graduate programs with 14 program starts per year
2) Assist in developing and executing effective recruiting strategies for recruiting face-to-face, on-line and phone outreach -based recruiting strategies.
3) Responsible for developing and adopting new recruiting strategies and developing metrics to assess the effectiveness of those recruiting strategies with the Admissions and Recruiting team
4) Monitor the prospect management system using a CRM to maximize the conversion of inquiries to applications through frequent and relevant communication, and to track overall marketing and recruiting progress through data
5) Execution of all management and coordination functions for recruitment and admissions with Marketing and Alumni Relations, Academic Services, Registrar's Office, Financial Aid and Business Office.
Experience and Qualifications:Required: Undergraduate Degree
Experience: 3-5 years of recruiting or admissions in higher education (preferably in graduate business program).
Skills and Abilities: This position requires strong planning and communication skills (oral and written), and the ability to positively represent Saint Marys College to the public at large. Excellent verbal and written skills, including public speaking skills; able to work independently and as a member of a team; high level of initiative; outstanding organizational skills and ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects/deadlines; strong proficiency in using Windows operating systems, MS Office (Word, Excel PowerPoint), email and internet usage; experience working with databases and database management; experience working with social networking sites (ex: LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter etc); strong eye for detail; ability to work cooperatively and effectively with all members of a culturally diverse campus community.
Other: Evening and weekend hours are required. Travel to various recruiting events in the Bay Area is also required. There are an average 2-3 travel events per month, and an average of 4-5 evening events per month with the occasional Saturday event.
Depends on Qualifications
Application Instructions: Please apply on-line at http://jobs.stmarys-ca.edu. Include a cover letter that specifically addresses how you meet the qualifications and are prepared to support the mission of the College. A complete application includes: A letter of interest and how you are prepared to support the Mission of the College A resume and an on-line application The name and contact information for three (3) professional references. Candidates who submit names of references should expect that references will be contacted, in confidence, by the College and that credentials will be confirmed prior to hire. Candidates who become finalists will be expected to sign a consent authorizing a broader inquiry. Saint Mary's is an equal employment opportunity employer. We support inclusive excellence and are committed to creating a safe and welcoming community for all.