Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 3/21/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Metropolitan State University of Denver (MSU Denver) seeks a creative and forward-thinking Associate Vice President for Innovative Program Development and Delivery (AVP IPDD) to lead its next generation strategic initiatives that support innovative program development and delivery, e.g., online, blended learning, corporate training and education programs both for-credit and not for credit, competency based education, and some cash funded academic offerings in startup phases.
In partnership with the Faculty, Deans, Chief Information Officer, and other senior campus leaders, the AVP IPDD will lead MSU Denver’s institutional transformation toward a digitally savvy university at the forefront of educational innovation. As this vision is implemented, MSU Denver will grow online enrollment, improve academic quality, create greater access for students, and meet market demands.
The AVP IDPP reports within, and is an integral part of, the Academic and Student Affairs (ASA) Branch, with a “dotted line” connection to the Vice President for Administration, Finance, and Facilities (AFF). Innovative Program Development and Delivery is a joint venture partnership with AFF to create new revenue streams and expand the university’s geographic reach to prospective students.
The AVP manages a variety of MSU Denver’s innovative educational programs at Metro South, Online, and at other physical and on other cyber locations as they might arise. The AVP initiates and oversees development of educational partnerships with public entities, nonprofits, and private businesses, as well as the delivery of innovative programs that respond to community and student needs. The AVP develops and manages the budgets of these programs such that overall IDPP expenses are recovered and resources are generated to support future outreach initiatives. In addition, the AVP works on special projects and other duties as assigned by the Deputy Provost.
The AVP’s responsibilities fall in to six (6) broad categories:
(1) Creation and Administration of Innovative Programs:
•Managing Innovative Program Development and Delivery facilities and programs and supervising staff responsible for implementing these programs.
•Assessing the need for and initiating new outreach programs designed to further MSU Denver’s mission and advancing its service and reputation in the community.
•Evaluating effectiveness and efficiency of Innovative Program Development and Delivery programs and recommending and implementing changes as needed.
(2) Outreach to Community Constituents:
•Collaborating with community and business organization staff to develop partnerships and to explore how MSU Denver can serve community and economic cluster needs.
•Overseeing marketing and publicity efforts, in conjunction with Marketing and Communication, of Innovative Program Development and Delivery.
•Leading “quick response team” to explore potential P3 (Public Private Partnerships) initiatives as they arise, from market analysis through to implementation.
•Ensure innovative programs are integrated with all segments of MSU Denver’s service area, including but not limited to communities of color; military service agencies, including veterans; the LBGTQIA communities; and other traditionally underserved communities.
(3) Development of Special Projects:
•Facilitating special projects to support the Provost and Deputy Provost, working in conjunction with all relevant campus stakeholders.
•Collaborating with personnel across branches to implement joint projects.
(4) Ensure Inclusive Excellence:
•Aligning IPDD’s strategic plan and associated activities with those of MSU Denver’s strategic plan.
•Integrating organizational practices that promote a democratic workplace.
•Providing leadership in recruitment and retention of underrepresented students, including students of color, and of underrepresented staff and faculty.
(5) Statewide IPDD Representation:
•Representing MSU Denver’s Innovative Program Development and Delivery to the Colorado Department of Higher Education and to deans and directors of other extension and continuing education programs around the state.
(6) Budget Management and Growth:
•Managing all activities in the budget to ensure programs are self-sustaining and can support future initiatives and growth.
1. Earned Doctorate.
2. Eight years of experience in administration, at least five years of which must be in upper-level administration.
3. Three years’ experience managing self-supporting budgets.
4. Demonstrated experience in management of programs which have included conducting needs assessments and market research
5. Experience negotiating with various stakeholders
6. Experience implementing entrepreneurial activities, programs and projects, including new product lines.
1. Demonstrated experience working collaboratively with disparate constituencies inside and outside the University community.
2. Work experience within for-profit endeavors.
3. Demonstrated work and/or research experience with competency-based education.
4. Knowledge of Banner and Microsoft Office.
5. Five or more years of faculty experience.
6. Leadership role in higher education.
7. Experience conducting needs assessment and program evaluation.
8. Experience supervising staff and providing performance management.
9. The candidate must have the ability to work with and be sensitive to the educational needs of a diverse urban population
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
References refers to a list of three professional references and their contact information.
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.