Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 6/10/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Job ID: 2503
Miami University Libraries invites applications for the position of Strategic Communications Coordinator. This position will play a key role in planning, designing, implementing, reviewing and assessing an integrated communications and marketing program that promotes, showcases and enhances the Miami University Libraries’ brand. Miami University Libraries is looking for a service oriented, energetic, motivated individual with an entrepreneurial spirit to work in a team-based environment to advance its strategic directions, goals and objectives. This position reports to the Associate Dean of Libraries.
• Collaboratively develop and implement a marketing and communication plan with internal and external stakeholders.
• Liaise with other departments and communications and marketing professionals across the university community to create innovative approaches to heighten awareness, understanding, and engagement with the Libraries’ services, collections, activities, and initiatives.
• Produce marketing and promotional materials including annual reports, web content, social media campaigns, print brochures, mailers, newsletters, emails, advertisements, signage, digital media, posters, publications, and other marketing materials that communicate, inform and persuade.
• Design consistent and effective messages, marketing materials, media kits, campaigns and brand standards to represent and promote the Libraries.
• Prepare background materials for meetings for the Dean, write speeches, and draft and edit the Dean’s communications with external and campus constituencies.
• Help promote Library special events, exhibits and other outreach activities.
• Collaborate with development and fundraising teams to create diverse communication and marketing strategies for donors.
• Communicate strategic directions, goals and objectives to a variety of constituencies by creating compelling success stories and marketing materials.
Bachelor’s degree in strategic communications, journalism, public relations, marketing, or related field; excellent written and verbal communication skills; show initiative and ability to manage time, prioritize multiple and concurrent tasks, and quickly produce results under tight deadlines; ability to creatively approach challenges and projects and to work effectively, both independently and in teams, to drive toward common goals, consistent with Library vision and strategies.
Experience working with library, non-profit, or higher education organization; minimum of two years of professional work experience creating, writing and editing a variety of materials such as articles, brochures, news releases and web content; advanced degree in Library Science or related field; creative flair and capability to consistently generate new ideas; proven project management skills.
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with smoke- and tobacco-free campuses, is committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.