Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 4/5/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Job ID: 2507 - Classified - FT (hourly)
This position will be responsible for recording and receipting the charitable contributions received by the University. This position will serve as the lead gift processor in the Gift Processing Department, which will require independent judgment related to the oversight of the daily operations of the University Advancement Gift Processing Unit.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
1) Monitoring and review of gift processing operations; ensures smooth work flow; ensures work product meets professional standards.
2) Record gifts and pledges to the proper accounts, including the completion of daily deposits.
3) Create and maintain constituent records in Banner.
4) Assists University staff, faculty, and students; answers inquiries and provides information.
5) Oversees staff and assists with training of staff; assists in the enforcement of policies and procedures.
6) Gathers and analyzes statistical information regarding department's activities; produces activity reports (gift volume)
7) Serves as informational resource to staff; investigates and resolves problems or difficulties related to area of expertise.
8) May assist in the performance of various financial tasks including fund set up, FOAPL string review, working with Treasury and various departments regarding the fund set up of designations.
9) Knowledge of computer systems, databases, Microsoft Office.
Direction Received: Reports to Director, Manager
Direction Given: Direct administrative supervision of student employees. The position may provide functional supervision of classified staff.
Requires nine months of coursework beyond high school in Business Administration and three years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Strong proofreading, spelling and editing skills
Ability to manage multiple projects exhibiting flexibility
The position requires knowledge of unit's operations, policies, and procedures; supervisory skills; knowledge of computer and office applications.
The position is in a typical office environment and may require considerable walking, standing, or bending, may also have periodic assignments which entail dealing with modestly unpleasant conditions.
Experience with Gift Processing - Banner
Accounting experience or strong mathematical skills
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with smoke- and tobacco-free campuses, is committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.