Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 5/29/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
• Develops and implements short and long-range strategic plans to advance the College’s mission in distance learning
• Leads the research , development, and execution of emerging and innovative methods for course delivery and instructional technology
• Identifies grant opportunities to expand and explore new e-learning solutions and services to increase student engagement, develop/support e-student services, and enhance student learning experiences
• Provides guidance and direction with respect to the compliance of accreditation standards and industry regulations related to quality assurance for online education programs
• Provides oversight for the planning, implementation and maintenance of e-learning technologies
• Initiates contracts, negotiates partnerships and develops agreements to enhance distance learning offerings
• Manages department budget and seeks external resources that promote pedagogical innovation and academic achievement by means of distance learning
• Advises and works with faculty and academic deans to plan, develop, and coordinate courses and programs employing various distance learning delivery strategies
• Collaborates with Student Affairs to enhance e-student services benefitting both distance learners and campus-based students
• Collaborates with Marketing, Enrollment Management, and Deans to identify and market distance learning appropriately in non-local markets, regionally, state-wide, or nationally
• Represents the College in community based technology and learning projects involving distance learning and in building collaborative partnerships locally, statewide and nationally
• Collaborates and provides consultation to the Information Technology team to ensure the appropriate technology infrastructure is in support of online education delivery
• Provides executive level staff support as requested and serves on assigned internal and external committees and task forces
• Recruits, hires, manages, trains, and evaluates staff
• Performs other related duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE/TRAINING
• Master’s degree
• Five years of experience in a leadership role overseeing distance learning in higher education
• Online teaching experience at a two-year and/or four-year college or university
• Strategic leadership, management and planning experience
• Demonstrated experience with compliance and quality standards, and higher education accreditation requirements related to online learning programs
• Demonstrated experience in distance learning program evaluation strategies and models
• Experience in managing a business unit budget
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
• Knowledge of the issues and latest trends in higher education as they relate to distance education
• Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills
• Demonstrated success in cultivating strategic alliances and partnerships internally and externally
• Strong commitment to providing customer service
• Strong aptitude and ability to leverage information technology and applications
• Effective consultative, presentation, collaboration and negotiation skills
• Ability to gain creditability and facilitate agreement in a consensus based environment
• Excellent project management, results orientation and critical thinking skills
• Sensitivity to respond appropriately to the needs of a diverse population
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE/TRAINING
• Doctorate degree
• Experience with Blackboard CMS/LMS
• Experience with grant writing and development
• Experience collaborating across a multi-campus setting to accomplish a key initiative or advance a strategic goal
• Experience in a higher education setting
• Experience in a collective bargaining environment
Standard College hours of business, 8:30AM – 5:00PM, Monday through Friday.
The eLearning and Innovation team supports approximately 23,000 online students annually in 51 degree programs and 13 certificate programs. Distance learning represents approximately 28% of the College’s full-time equivalent (FTE) enrollment, and supports 1,100+ courses and 2500+ sections annually. Distance learning includes four delivery modes: online learning, blended learning, Cable College, and interactive video.
During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.