Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 4/28/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Synopsis of Role:
The Senior Manager, Business Operations, Center for Corporate & Professional Development is an internal-facing role and reports to the associate vice president of business operations. This role develops and manages the customer relationship management (CRM) tool. The incumbent is responsible for commercial contracting processes, procedures and administration (with some support provided to the bidding and administration of public sector contracting efforts) each as needed to provide operational resources. The senior manager supports and contributes to the success of key Center for Corporate & Professional Development (CCPD) functions, including business development, product development and marketing.
• Partners with external CRM vendor and internal stakeholders, including the information technology (IT), business development, marketing and the strategic accounts management teams to lead the design, build, launch and management of a robust CRM tool and to facilitate related training for CCPD team members.
•Helps identify and evaluate key performance indicator’s (KPI’s) translating complex data into action oriented decisions that drive revenues and/or reduce costs.
• Collaborates on CRM and related process improvement efforts and partners with key department leads and external vendors to optimize revenue growth influencing business decision-makers and building consensus.
• Prepares, analyzes, and presents key findings and recommended actions to key internal and external stakeholder teams soliciting feedback, gaining consensus on next steps, and motivating implementation.
• Ensures CRM platform structure and architecture works seamlessly across the CCPD functions and captures all required information at key points in the client life cycle.
• Generates reports weekly to include “Client Journey Mapping” to analyze touch points with CCPD and maximizing commercial opportunities.
• Works closely with American Public University System (APUS) departments and stakeholders to ensure the CRM works effectively.
• Helps facilitate client communications through the CRM tool with strategic account management (SAM) as primary client-facing point of contact.
• Monitors and maximizes client lifetime value strategies to help ensure maximum profitability.
• Ensures the CRM database is segmented effectively for desired targeted marketing activities.
• Develops testing strategies for all aspects of the CRM to ensure the most effective approach for the CCPD and its offerings.
• Assists in the development of contract templates, escalations and approvals protocols.
• Prepares contract briefs and revisions summarizing contractual requirements.
• Sends and tracks approvals and authorizations, including the provision of renewal/expiration notifications to CCPD leadership, business development lead and SAM Team.
• Maintains detailed and organized files, including a contracts database and audit file for each contract which will include original contract, all correspondence, changes/deviations, amendments, clarifications, approvals, authorizations, etc.
• Serves as key liaison to third-party CRM vendor, strategic accounts management team and legal department.
• Utilizes best practices to keep raising the bar.
• Executes in an intense, fast-paced, and highly iterative environment.
• Helps support invoice and payment tracking and processing with finance department as needed.
• Assists with the development of a government contract administration and bidding and grant writing process to develop a government contract bidding process, compliance and management system to enable CCPD to compete for local, state and federal government contracts.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
• Work is generally performed in an office environment in Manassas, Virginia and Charles Town, WV.
• May require up to 10-15% local and distance travel at times.
• Strong relationship-building skills.
• Ability to lead and influence across internal and external stakeholder communities with positivity, integrity, and accountability.
• Strong ethics, courtesy, professionalism, trustworthiness and transparency.
• Team player who values all stakeholders regardless of title, role or function of those with whom he/she is interacting.
• Must have excellent verbal, written, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Must have strong presentation skills with the ability to speak comfortably to varying stakeholder communities with ability to break down complex concepts into easy-to-understand language.
• Ability to play to strengths of self and others while motivating collaboration and unity of mission and efforts.
• Service-minded and collaborative, but also able to work independently and exercise good-judgment.
• Ability to articulate and to connect the dots for stakeholder audiences.
• Ability to manage tasks, resources, and projects, as well as managing competing priorities.
• Ability to plan and monitor for results and be resilient in the face of challenges, obstacles or delays.
• Strong grasp of user data and engagement analytics to drive strategy.
• Ability to make logical and rational decisions that support the intended objective, considering the best interests of all stakeholder communities, CCPD, and the University system.
• Strategic, creative, and innovative thinker.
• Strong Internet research skills, ability to quickly and accurately find, absorb and analyze market information and recognize patterns and trends.
• Understanding of the initiatives and processes that support and grow CCPD.
• Passionate about work, success and making a difference.
• Ability to continuously develop skills and knowledge of self and team.
• Ability to embrace challenges and uncertainty as an opportunity to grow both professionally and personally.
• High degree of credibility, knowledge, expertise, and confidence (with a notable absence of arrogance).
• Ability to be resilient and emotionally intelligent with high self-awareness and self-management skills.
• Ability to inspire and encourage others to stretch beyond their current capabilities and demonstrates a willingness to do the same; is creative and open to new ideas.
• Concern for the total ecosystem; perceived as a good partner with other groups across stakeholder communities.
• Acts with integrity, trust, accountability, vision, professionalism and kindness.
• Willingness to support, coach and mentor others where appropriate.
• Bachelor’s degree required in business analytics, business administration, IT or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
• Four to six (4 to 6) years of experience in CRM (Microsoft Dynamics a plus), business intelligence, analytics, or database management.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively engage and collaborate with junior- to upper-level leadership.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications and use of the Internet.
• Previous experience with database applications and the creation and use of dashboards.
• Proficiency in reporting and data visualization tools (e.g., Business Objects, Tableau, etc.).
• Experience working in or with higher education or training industry strongly preferred.
• Data analytics experience preferred.
• Project management experience preferred.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.