Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 5/10/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Portland Community College President
Portland Community College
Requisition Number: 08643
Location: Sylvania Campus
Address: 12000 SW 49th Avenue, Portland, OR
Hours of Work: Varies
Position Status: Executive; Full-time; Exempt
Starting Salary Range: To Be Negotiated
Job Close Date: For Best Consideration Apply by April 20, 2016
Portland Community College (PCC) seeks nominations and applications for the position of District President. The college district is governed by a seven-member, elected Board of Directors. The president oversees operations within the district and selects the campus presidents. At PCC we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. Our new strategic plan emphasizes this goal and is leading us to create positive cultural change in support of the increased vitality of our region.
Portland Community College District
The Portland metropolitan area is experiencing continued rapid growth and PCC's size, as the largest institution of higher education in the state, serving over 85,000 students, impacts the local region and the state, and allows PCC to offer programs not available at other community colleges. Our four campuses: Sylvania, Cascade, Rock Creek, and Southeast are designed to offer comprehensive degree programs and student services. Classes are also available at eight centers, through a growing Distance Learning program, and throughout the district at approximately 200 other locations. These collectively function within a single accreditation and operate as one college.
Portland Community College supports student success by delivering access to quality education while advancing economic development and promoting sustainability in a collaborative culture of diversity, equity and inclusion.
This mission is embodied in four core accreditation themes: Access and Student Success; Economic Development and Sustainability; Quality Education; and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
PCC is well respected and well liked. We successfully reach out to local, regional, and national constituents building strong partnerships with K-12, universities, business and industry, and government.
Our faculty and staff are dedicated to the mission of PCC. Student success is our number one priority, no matter your definition of "success." We offer a wide array of student services, resources, and financial assistance.
Social justice, accountability, and a strong sense of community are values we hold dear. PCC is a reflection of the Portland metropolitan area and we strive to make a positive socioeconomic impact within the region.
The president of Portland Community College will be a dynamic, successful, and highly visible community and education leader who will articulate and communicate our institutional vision to both internal and external constituents. This individual will motivate, support, and encourage faculty, staff, and students in implementing that vision, build external support, and move the college forward in achieving strategic goals.
The Portland Community College District offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, sick leave, vacation and opportunities for professional development. Salary and other benefits depend upon experience and qualifications, are highly competitive, and are negotiated with the Board of Directors.
For detailed information on this search, please see:
The successful candidate will:
- Have a master's degree (doctorate preferred) from an accredited institution.
- Visibly embody a leader who fosters a culture of trust, optimism, and success within the district and community and who is able to connect with faculty and staff to implement effective team building, change strategies, and professional development.
- Demonstrate a record of successful senior leadership and administration within a large, multi-site environment.
- Utilize excellent communication (including active listening) skills to foster a collaborative culture which will motivate, support, and encourage creativity among faculty, staff, and students that is consistent with the Mission Statement
- Successfully lead and expand the college's fundraising efforts and seek out and obtain alternative revenue dollars.
- Demonstrate proven experience successfully working with labor unions in support of shared governance and advocate for improved stability and empowerment of faculty, academic professionals, and staff.
- Strengthen the college's strategic use of technology for instruction, business, and student service functions.
- Support and expand the college's current sustainability efforts.
- Comprehend complex budgets of a large multi-campus institution and have the ability to represent that knowledge to a range of stakeholders, including staff, faculty, and students, legislators, benefactors, and the community.
- Have a successful record of working collaboratively with an elected or appointed Board of Directors, which shows a commitment to valuing, supporting, and developing trustees' leadership roles.
- Demonstrate experience and vision to effectively market the college by promoting its academic programs, workforce education, training, and services.
- Extensive familiarity in a community college setting. Classroom experience preferred, but not required.
- Proven interpersonal skills; personable, relatable, genuine, charismatic, a team player who invokes trust.
- Demonstrated history of advocacy for social justice, cultural competency, diversity, equity, and inclusion issues.
- Passion for technology and how it may be used to enhance the delivery of education to PCC students.
- Skilled communicator, including public speaking, active listening, and clear written communication.
- Successful at building and maintaining relationships/partnerships with donors, business and industry, state and local government, K-12, universities, other community colleges, local federations, local and regional communities, faculty, staff, students, and board of directors.
- Experience with strategic plan development and implementation reflecting the values and needs of the institution as defined by the college and community, budgeting, development and oversight of long-term operational planning initiatives and managed change within a large, multi-site environment.
- Articulates with passionate commitment the comprehensive community college mission, encouraging an atmosphere of "one college" collaboration among diverse populations and occasionally divergent institutional cultures.
- Is an accessible individual, a responsive listener, and a caring and supportive leader who delegates effectively, encourages and allocates resources systematically, and fosters a culture of trust, optimism, and success among community members.
- Is an individual who is willing to make a long-term commitment as District President of Portland Community College.
Additional Posting Information:
To receive maximum consideration, applications should be submitted by April 20, 2016.
To Be Considered for this Position, Please Submit the Following:
1) Executive On-line Application Form
2) A Current Resume
3) A Cover Letter - In your cover letter, please address how you meet each of the minimum qualifications and preferred characteristics posted for this position. Please keep your cover letter to maximum of five (5) pages.
- Best Consideration Date - April 20, 2016
- Initial In-Person Interviews - Second week of May 2016
- Finalist Interviews and On-Campus Forums - Late May 2016
- Offer to Successful Candidate - June 2016
For confidential inquiries, contact Gold Hill Associates:
For further inquires, please contact:
Traci Fordham, PCC Chief of Staff
As an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Upon hire candidate will be required to provide official transcripts for all degrees earned.
Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
Documents that must be associated with this posting:
Documents which can be associated with this posting:
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: http://apptrkr.com/770961
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.