Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 9/11/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Evergreen Valley College
Under the general supervision of a department supervisor, manager or academic staff member performs routine but somewhat varied clerical and general typing duties following standard procedures in support of the operations, preparation and maintenance of a variety of records and reports, or academic professional staff of an administrative or program office.
1. Perform routine but varied clerical duties requiring knowledge of general departmental and college practices and procedures.
2. Receive, screen, review and verify a variety of correspondence, documents or applications.
3. Maintain office files, reports, logs and a wide variety of memoranda.
4. Search for, compile and post data for a variety of reports.
5. Provide a central source of information on the activities of the office.
6. Receive, screen and/or direct visitors and telephone calls coming to the office and deliver messages.
7. Assist in the planning and carrying out the activities and procedures of the office.
8. Combine and type data from various source materials.
9. Type letter, reports, course and curriculum outlines, minutes of meetings, orders, notices, statistical data and a variety of other miscellaneous papers, forms, and documents of average difficulty from either clear copy or rough draft with a high degree of speed and accuracy.
10. Correctly utilize technical terms and foreign or unusual words.
11. Maintain records, check data and prepare standard reports.
12. Proof and check work for completeness, accuracy, format; make changes as recommended.
13. Code, enter, retrieve and maintain computerized student, financial, employee and program activity records using computer terminal or micro-processor.
14. Keep records of expenditures, maintain and monitor budget accounts for assigned budget categories.
15. Receive specific instructions when performing non-routine tasks.
16. Answer telephone and provide information in accordance with department, program or district policy.
17. Arrange and schedule meetings, notify participants, reserve meeting, assist and prepare materials needed.
18. Maintain accurate and detailed calendar of events, due dates and schedules as they relate to assigned programs and services.
19. Screen mail and respond to routing inquiries using standardized formats.
20. Resolve routing problems/questions, referring unusual cases to supervisor.
21. Prepare various forms to relieve supervisor of routing personnel, budget and payroll functions.
22. Perform cashiering duties, receive and receipt cash payments and prove balance on cash receipts. Order and maintain stock of office supplies as necessary.
23. Perform other duties reasonably related to the job classification.
1. Proper telephone techniques and etiquette.
2. Modern office methods, procedures and equipment including micro-computers, computer terminals and related software.
3. Proper English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
4. Record-keeping principles and procedures.
5. Policies, procedures, organization and operating details of the department to which assigned.
6. Writing and composition of business letters.
7. Type at a net rate of 45 word per minute.
8. Operate a typewriter, calculator, micro-computer and other related office equipment.
9. Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
10. Communicate orally in a courteous and effective manner.
11. Perform effectively with frequent interruptions.
12. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those encountered during the performance of required duties.
13. Make arithmetical calculations accurately.
14. Deal tactfully and courteously with the public.
15. Use judgment and prioritize own work.
16. Learn, interpret and explain policies, procedures and operating details of area to which assigned.
17. Perform routine clerical work without supervision.
18. Work under pressure in offices that have heavy student and public contact.
The District is represented by dedicated and talented employees who are passionate about providing our student population with the best educational experience possible. The District recognizes that cultural diversity in the academic environment promotes academic excellence; fosters cultural, racial and human understanding; provides positive roles models for all students, and creates an inclusive and supportive educational and work environment for its employees, students, and the community it serves.
The District encourages a diverse pool of applicants to serve as colleagues to an existing diverse faculty consisting of 14% Hispanic/Latino, 22 % Asian/Pacific Islander, 7% Black/African American, 1% American Indian/Native American, 52% White/Caucasian, and as well as encouraging applications from all qualified, outstanding applicants.
San Jose/Evergreen Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of ethnic group identification, race, color, language, accent, immigration status, ancestry, national origin, age, gender, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, transgender, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, and physical or mental disability consistent with applicable federal and state laws.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.