Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 9/11/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
San Jose City College
Performs support services for a variety of courses in the Men’s or Women’s Physical Education and Athletics programs by providing uniforms, supplies, equipment and related logistical support to lecture, laboratory, or other activities; prepares uniforms, supplies and equipment using special methods and procedures related to the discipline.
Direct or general supervision is provided by management or academic personnel. Technical and functional supervision may also be provided by instructional or higher level classified personnel.
Responsibilities may include providing technical and functional direction to other Instructional Laboratory Technician I positions or student assistants as assigned.
1. Maintain and assure the security of the assigned instructional facility and related areas.
2. Issue, receive and store athletic uniforms, equipment, and reusable supplies used by classes and individuals.
3. Prepare, transport, set up, and take down uniforms, equipment, and supplies used in instructional demonstrations, exercise, practicals, and athletic events.
4. Discuss future laboratory activities and scheduled events with instructors; prepare facilities and assemble supplies and equipment.
5. Demonstrate to students the proper and safe operation of assigned equipment.
6. Maintain stock levels and inventories of necessary supplies and equipment; reorder, pick up, and deliver as authorized.
7. Perform basic informational activities in determining pricing, availability, and specifications of necessary supplies and equipment.
8. Obtain and maintain Material Safety Data Sheet.
9. Ensure safe handling, storage and proper labeling of hazardous materials and hazardous waste which may include performing any departmental inspections as required by regulatory agencies.
10. Clean and maintain equipment and supplies and ensure their safekeeping; clean and provide for general maintenance of the equipment storage room, locker room, and shower areas at conclusion of scheduled activities.
11. Identify repair or maintenance problems within assigned facility and notify appropriate personnel.
12. Perform preventive maintenance on equipment and make minor repairs; report need for major repairs or place service calls as authorized.
13. Prepare space and facilities for visiting teams.
14. Operate a washer and dryer to launder and maintain inventory of towels; sort and process clothing For cleaning, and launder washable game gear and practice gear.
15. Perform a variety of miscellaneous office work such as preparing purchase requisitions, answering the telephone, scheduling appointments, photocopying and distributing mail.
16. Provide general information regarding assigned program to participants, potential participants, and other interested parties.
17. Maintain routine records, files, inventories, and reports.
18. Order, pick up, set up and operate audio-visual equipment needed to conduct laboratory presentations and demonstrations.
19. Drive van or other vehicle as related to support of athletics, athletes, and physical education programs.
20. Update bulletin boards and operate electronic score keeper.
21. Perform related duties as assigned.
1. Basic procedures and practices of maintaining a supply room and storage area.
2. Tools, equipment, materials, and supplies which are used in competitive sports, physical education and athletic activities.
3. Care and maintenance of physical education and athletic equipment, materials and supplies.
4. Supply and inventory procedures for the effective maintenance of stock levels.
5. Proper and safe operation of physical education and athletic facilities.
6. Modern office practices and procedures including filing and the operation of office equipment including personal and on-line computers.
1. Maintain and repair physical education and athletic equipment.
2. Identify physical education and athletic facility repair and maintenance needs.
3. Perform a variety of cleaning tasks in the maintenance of a physical education and athletic facility.
4. Apply language skills to read and interpret documents such as safety rules operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; write routine reports and correspondence; and speak effectively before groups of students or faculty.
5. Apply mathematical skills to add, subtract, multiply and divide using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals; convert from one unit of measure to another; and compute rate, ratio, and percent.
6. Utilize reasoning skills to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form; and deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
7. Effectively communicate and interact with persons of diverse backgrounds and abilities
8. Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contracted during the course of work.
9. Lift and move up to 50 pounds.
The District is represented by dedicated and talented employees who are passionate about providing our student population with the best educational experience possible. The District recognizes that cultural diversity in the academic environment promotes academic excellence; fosters cultural, racial and human understanding; provides positive roles models for all students, and creates an inclusive and supportive educational and work environment for its employees, students, and the community it serves.
The District encourages a diverse pool of applicants to serve as colleagues to an existing diverse faculty consisting of 14% Hispanic/Latino, 22 % Asian/Pacific Islander, 7% Black/African American, 1% American Indian/Native American, 52% White/Caucasian, and as well as encouraging applications from all qualified, outstanding applicants.
San Jose/Evergreen Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of ethnic group identification, race, color, language, accent, immigration status, ancestry, national origin, age, gender, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, transgender, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, and physical or mental disability consistent with applicable federal and state laws.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.