Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 4/5/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
This position serves as the Information Technology Services (ITS) Asset Manager for MSU of Denver. The ITS Asset Manager provides expertise and strategy on computer, hardware, software, audio/visual and media equipment lifecycle processes from acquisition through retirement. This includes asset procurement, compliance, software maintenance renewals, asset lifecycle management, contracts review and negotiations, and effective use of the University budget. This position manages agreements and processes for computer and equipment leasing. This also includes planning and monitoring the work of ITS procurement staff to implement best practices and ensure continued adherence.
60% – Develop and maintain processes for managing and tracking the full ITS asset management lifecycle.
• Work closely with the Director of ITS Business Services to ensure compliance and best practices are implemented and maintained throughout the asset management process.
• Define, maintain and update processes for effective asset lifecycle management including acquisition, inventory management, and decommissioning of information technology hardware and software, and audio/visual and media equipment.
• Work closely with ITS Directors and staff with reviewing and negotiating software licensing and maintenance contracts and agreements.
• Develop and maintain vendor relationships as it relates to quotes, contracts, agreement requests, negotiation and implementation.
• Review and edit vendor contracts and agreements to ensure they conform with MSU Denver procurement policies and technical requirements. Coordinate with MSU Denver contracts review staff to ensure contracts and agreements are approved.
• Work with AHEC purchasing staff to ensure accurate and timely preparation of purchase orders for ITS assets.
• Maintain software and maintenance agreement inventory database to ensure compliance is maintained at all times.
• Work with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), JAMF Casper, and/or similar asset management solutions to for duties that include, but are not limited to:
o Prepare quarterly auditing of hardware, software, audio/visual and media equipment inventory using asset management software.
o Generate asset tracking reports for Director of ITS Business Services for planning and budgeting purposes.
• Define and implement continuous improvement initiatives that automate and streamline the ITS software management process.
• Manage computer and equipment leases to ensure leased items are appropriately received, documented and successfully returned to lessor at lease termination.
• Define processes and provide asset retirement and disposal support.
• Maintain current knowledge of vendor catalogs and price lists in order to identify savings opportunities for ITS asset purchases. Then, follow through with vendors to realize identified savings.
25% – Work closely with ITS co-workers to define and implement best practice based procedures surrounding the acquisition, documentation, deployment, management and retirement of hardware, software license and maintenance agreements, and audio/visual and media equipment.
10% – Audit charges incurred related to purchases of software and maintenance/support agreements and contracts.
• Review invoices by verifying the accuracy and validity of the charges to the order and receiving documents. Notify Director of ITS Business Services of invoices that are approved for payment.
• Track payments against purchases orders.
5% – Other duties as assigned include, but not limited to:
• Prepare monthly Procurement Card statements, ensuring all receipts are provided and correct expense account numbers are applied.
• Attend training to maintain, enhance or develop the knowledge and skills necessary to perform duties.
• Assist with special projects, as applicable.
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, or information technology or related field (two years of related asset management experience is equivalent to one year of education)
• 4+ years’ experience with IT asset procurement and life cycle management
• Experience reviewing and negotiating software licensing and maintenance contracts and agreements.
• Certified IT Asset Manager (CITAM) and/or Certified Software Asset Manager (CSAM)
• Experience managing IT Assets in a higher education environment
• Experience using a software inventory management tool
• Software audit experience and/or participation on a Software Asset Management (SAM) engagement team
• Solid knowledge of software licensing agreements with Microsoft Office 365, VMware and Oracle,
• Experience using Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), JAMF Casper, or similar asset management solutions
• Experience with computer and equipment leasing processes
• Interpersonal skills that allow for effective interaction with internal and external stakeholders
• Strong customer service, problem solving, organizational and time management skills
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
References refers to a list of three professional references and their contact information.
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.