Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 6/19/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
ASSOCIATE DEAN of Academic Programs and Undergraduate Experience
School of Education and Human Development
The School of Education & Human Development (SEHD) at the University of Colorado Denver announces a Clinical Teaching Track Faculty position for an Associate Dean of Academic Programs and Undergraduate Experience beginning in the Summer 2013. The School is seeking an Associate Dean whose skills, experiences, and commitments will ensure excellence in specific programs (Early Childhood, Elementary, Special Education and Language, Literacy and Culturally Relevant Pedagogy) leading to initial or advanced teacher licensure at BA and Master’s levels, as well as their associated endorsements in the context of partnerships and outreach to school districts and other organizations. The Associate Dean filling this position will become a vital member of the school’s leadership and to the development of the undergraduate experience in the School of Education & Human Development www.ucdenver.edu/academics/colleges/SchoolOfEducation.
Serve as a member of the School’s Administrative Teams (the teacher education team, the Dean’s Team, the Leadership and Finance Team and the Administrative and Management Team).
Serve on relevant university committees as the SEHD representative (the Associate Dean’s and Academic Support Group) and relevant state education committees (Colorado Council of Dean’s of Education, policy committees).
Leadership and support for relevant school-wide strategic initiatives.
Administrative oversight for and a strong commitment to undergraduate, and graduate education. Develop new infrastructure for BA in Teaching, Learning and Development and its new tracks in ECE, Elementary and Special Education.
Support faculty in accomplishing curriculum alignment across initial and advanced teacher education degrees, licenses, endorsements and certificates in specific program areas.
Support faculty and staff in continuous improvement processes and accreditation, enrollment management, and curriculum issues including attention to social justice, equity and access.
Support work of academic services and Office of Diversity and Inclusion in pipeline development and recruitment, student success.
Provide visibility in for SEHD in the Denver Metro area and support work with community engagement.
Work with partners in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
• Earned doctorate in a doctoral program field relevant to the School’s vision and mission and to this position
• Successful leadership in preparing teacher candidates and teachers for social justice, equity and access for all students
• Successful experience in and across P-20 that will support the School’s work in public schools and strengthen its outreach to urban communities
• Demonstrated successful participation in research, grant writing, and/or scholarship.
• Demonstrated success with curriculum oversight, development and evaluation.
• Demonstrated success in collaboration across an institution of higher education and in the community.
• A clear understanding of the change process in urban schools, in teacher education, and in Schools of Education.
• Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving, and conflict negotiation skills.
• Successful leadership of infrastructure development.
• Successful university teaching and collaboration in teaching and/or curriculum efforts.
• Demonstrated competencies with cross-program collaboration and oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrated professional commitments and accomplishments consistent with the School’s mission, “Leadership for learning and professional practice in diverse, urban communities”.
This is a full-time 12-month exempt professional administrative appointment, with concurrent Clinical Teaching Track Full Professor appointment.
Position availability: August 9, 2013
Applications received by April 15, 2013 will receive full consideration. Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
To apply and view additional details, see job posting C/U00205 at https://www.jobsatcu.com/. Contact SEHDHR@ucdenver.edu or 303-315-0010 with questions.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees prior to their employment.
The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Contact Us: SEHDHR@ucdenver.edu
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.