Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 10/1/2011.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
• Provide and coordinate front-line assistance with general inquiries
• Act as the central point person to assist faculty, and program directors and as liaison to divisional and University departments and external parties
• Learn and maintain divisional procedures for the programs
• Directs incoming calls, handling correspondence, distributing office mail, photocopying and filing as needed.
• Greet guests at the reception area and alert appropriate persons of their arrival
• Ensure copiers and faxes are in working order and stocked.
• Execute general office procedures, including but not limited to distribution and collection of mid-term grades, course evaluations, semester grades, collecting syllabi and updating faculty and staff contact lists.
• Assist in maintaining student locker registration, mannequin registration, and faculty storage
• Draft memoranda, correspondence, press releases, notices, and announcements and send emails with professional and clear language; composing emails
• Assists with travel arrangements
• Call in requests for sewing maintenance, a/v requests, and facilities issues.
• Maintain email lists and coordinate mass mailing for projects and announcements
• Support systems for the for tracking students and faculty, requisitions, evaluations; filing, record-keeping, reports, requests
• Create and maintain databases
• Coordinates and assists with events throughout the year
• Other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years administrative experience in similar, complex work environments
- Prior experience working in higher education
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required
- Successfully demonstrated ability to use all MS Office programs; preferred Adobe CS5
- Experience working independently as well as within a team in a fast-paced and adaptive environment
- Excellent organizational and follow up skills
Monday – Friday: 1pm – 9pm with some weekends required
In addition to a dynamic and progressive work environment, The New School offers a competitive benefits package, including medical and dental insurance, retirement plans, flexible spending accounts and a tuition waiver. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and offer employee assistance services, health and well-being programs and over four weeks of vacation time per year.
Apply with us and discover the rewards and opportunities in working for a world-class, urban university.
Interested candidates must apply online at: http://careers.newschool.edu/postings/6477
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.