Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 4/13/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Responsible for the overall vision, direction, coordination, and administration of the activities, programs, and services of University Security and Safety for the University Campus, education centers, administrative buildings not located on University Campus, and online programs. The Executive Director will oversee the overall security and safety operations at each of these locations, as well as oversee environmental health and safety; promote and ensure the safety and security of University students, faculty, staff, and visitors, personnel, and property; ensure enforcement of all applicable University regulations, criminal codes, and government safety requirements; and develop policies and procedures governing all security and safety operations. The successful candidate will also develop and submit a comprehensive departmental budget; oversee emergency management, emergency preparedness, and the investigation of major incidents; and serve as the interface with local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies. This position reports to the Vice President for Student Affairs and Campus Operations and has primary responsibility for the direction and supervision of all personnel within the University Security and Safety.
Crisis Management/Emergency Response
• Proven supervisory and management experience
• Emergency management experience
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills; and a valid driver’s license also required.
• Previous experience working in a college or university setting and an understanding of law enforcement issues specific to colleges and universities preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively direct, plan, and administer a comprehensive, community-oriented policing agency or division strongly preferred.
• Experience in law enforcement involving progressively more complex assignments and supervisory responsibility strongly preferred.
Required Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Experience in a higher education environment, working with student, staff, and faculty populations.
• Experience managing a diverse work force highly desirable.
• Extensive knowledge of state and federal laws pertaining to crime, safety and fire codes. Familiarity with relevant federal laws (Jeanne Clery Act) and Florida State laws, Fire Safety and Emergency Response protocols as well as current college and university security and safety trends and best practices.
• Proficiency in database management, Microsoft Office, and familiarity with various security systems.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Knowledge of public relations and skilled in developing community relations between the campus community and surrounding neighborhoods.
• Ability to work effectively within the culture of the University, with sensitivity to issues of diversity.
• Must have a collaborative style of leadership, with the ability and willingness to foster a team environment within the department.
Bachelor’s degree and 10 years of experience as a police officer required. BAT and state law enforcement certification required.
University security administration preferred.
Master’s degree highly desirable
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.