Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 9/19/2011.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
- Support and assist students, faculty, and approved external clients of the Ed McMahon Mass Communications Center in their media production project and course work as needed. Provide technical and procedural support, advice and assistance.
- Facilitate and support faculty in the utilization of McMahon Center technology.
- Support all audio and television studio operations, including camera operation, lighting, teleprompter operation, technical directing and switching, character generator operation, audio console operation, tape operation, recording, editing and mixing, and set construction.
- Support media production applications including, but not limited to, the following: Apple Final Cut Pro, Soundtrack Pro and Motion, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe After Effects, Digidesign Pro Tools LE and HD, Dreamweaver, Mac and Windows OS, Toast, and other products, peripherals and applications used in media production instruction.
- Troubleshoot and take corrective action as necessary to maintain all media production systems in good working order. Report service issues to supervisor as necessary.
- Assist in the operation of the Equipment Loan program as needed.
- Provide media production services (camera, lighting, set design and construction, graphics, editing, etc.) as required by supervisor. Assist in the production of original programming as required by supervisor.
- Perform routine cleaning and light maintenance (including preventative maintenance) functions in all production areas and labs, to ensure cleanliness, order, and correct operation of hardware, software and peripherals.
- Supervise McMahon Center in the absence of the Director(s) when necessary. Enforce rules and regulations regarding the utilization of the McMahon Center's resources. Take reasonable steps to maintain a safe and secure environment.
- Represent the McMahon Center and the School of Communications to visitors and guests. Conduct tours as needed.
- Prepare, organize and teach technical workshops in various topics related to media production as required.
-Work schedule includes nights and weekends.
NOTE: this role will cover the following schedule:
Sat. 9am - 5pm
Sun. 1 - 9 pm
Mon - Wed. 4 pm - 12 am.
(these hours may be subject to change as needs arise)
Bachelor's degree in Film, Television, Cinema or related field;
One to three years of in-depth experience in media production, including video editing (using professional applications such as: Avid Media Composer, Apple's Final Cut Pro, or Adobe Premiere Pro); camera and lighting; multi-camera TV studio operations; audio production and editing; and using image editing applications such as Adobe Photoshop. Familiarity with A/V systems and equipment; Professional experience acquired in a private production facility, corporate communications or broadcast operation a plus.
Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills important; must be a quick study and a self-starter. Must be comfortable conducting training and instructional sessions with individuals or groups and adept at providing coaching, troubleshooting and technical support to students and faculty clients of our facilities.
Demonstrated ability to tell effective and engaging stories in film or video a definite plus. Must be comfortable with a wide range of media production technology.
Familiarity with applications such as InDesign, Adobe Flash, WordPress, Adobe After Effects a plus.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.