Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 7/30/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Synopsis of Role:
The Email Marketing Manager is a highly motivated, organized and self-sufficient individual who is an expert in email with strong technical skills, skilled with Marketo, and can be both a strategic thinker and a tactical executioner. This role develops and executes email marketing, engagement, and communications campaigns. The incumbent ensures the University is fully leveraging the capabilities of our email and marketing automation platform to communicate with prospects and convert them to students. The email marketing manager conceptualizes email campaigns from start to finish, creates and designs the campaigns with various stakeholder inputs, and analyzes the performance of campaigns.
• Strategically plans email marketing to attract new students to the University, including retention and communication best practices and implementation across the University.
• Implements campaigns to prospects to bring in the highest quality students possible.
• Supports cross-departmental initiatives by providing best practices and advising on implementation tactics. Executes those campaigns when necessary or provide support.
• Collaborates with internal teams, including content writers, designers, technical project managers and internal clients/stakeholders to launch email campaigns as needed.
• Participates as a member in internal Electronic Communications Committee (ECT).
• Creates, maintains, and revises marketing automation campaigns within Marketo.
• Tests and optimizes campaigns to continuously increase performance.
• Stays abreast with email marketing environment and brings forth new ideas and opportunities based upon strategic organizational objectives.
• Develops routine reporting and ad-hoc reports as necessary.
• Manages the email schedule for marketing.
• Takes responsibility for email deliverability, list hygiene and sender reputation.
• Streamlines the flow of information with integrated systems.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
• Standard office environment in Manassas, VA.
• Seasoned email marketing best practices such as deliverability, optimization, testing, formatting, compliance, revenue generation, lead generation, and nurture marketing.
• Marketo certification strongly desired but not required. Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud preferred.
• Some HTML coding of emails, including from Photoshop documents.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work and interact with many different groups across the University.
• Strong organization and time management skills; ability to manage multiple time-sensitive assignments simultaneously.
• Strong English spelling, grammar, and usage skills.
• Bachelor's degree required with marketing, technology or related focus.
• Minimum of five years of professional full-time experience with email marketing.
• Experience writing HTML code required; experience with Photoshop preferred.
• Email platform, with strong preference to Marketo. Salesforce Marketing Cloud (ExactTarget) preferred in addition.
• Business to consumer marketing experience required.
• Marketo Certification preferred.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.